First Timer and Starting on Jan 19

elfinia7

I've never done a diet or food challenge before and I'm not into resolutions but I did want to see what would happen if I made serious dietary changes.  I know I'll be most challenged by eliminating dairy (love milk, cheese and butter) and pasta and my go to snack is usually popcorn.

My husband is not participating but is supportive however it does mean I can't do a fully clean kitchen so we'll have to see how that works.  Meal planning is going to be interesting as well.

Anyway, let's see how this goes!

Just to encourage you, I went Paleo three plus years ago. Everyone in my family thought it was just a crazy diet phase. Now, my husband and my teenage children are completely on board. When you complete the Whole 30, I would encourage you to buy some cookbooks. My favorites are WellFed and WellFed2. There are also tons of recipes you can find online.

There is a learning curve, and it takes some adjustment, but eventually you turn around one day, you realize," Hey, I don't eat processed garbage anymore, and neither do my kids!" And you realize that it's all worth it. What's more important then your health?

Archived