August 1 Whole30 Start - buddies??

Pixiegirl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also starting on August 1. It seems stupid, but its a scary thing to do. After years of yo-yo dieting, through my 20s and 30s, and learning more about the realities of weight-loss success, I completely gave up on the entire concept. I decided I'd rather be over-weight than torture my body any further. So, even recognizing that the Whole30 (and paleo/primal eating, in general) are a completely different thing from traditional diets, I'm still experiencing negative thoughts about the likelihood of long-term success. I'm happy to find that there is a community of people starting out on the same path, as that makes it much easier to ignore the discouraging little voice in the back of my mind, and to focus on all the positives that come with success.

I'm approaching this Whole30 as a chance for me to really take care of my body and be responsible for what I put in it. Have you by any chance read "primal body, primal mind"? I am half-way thru now, it has totally changed my perspective on how to approach this diet change. this really is about loving your body enough to make sure what you put into it is good for you.

I have been battling digestion/stomach issues for years and after feeling so hopeless and HELPLESS at stopping pain, I finally feel like maybe this new approach is better. I have loved learning more details behind nutrition, digestion, food combinations, etc that this book talks about.

I just wanted to mention this b/c it helped me think less of whole30 as a diet but more as a chance to live a longer, happier life. I hope that what I'm saying makes some sense ;)

oh DUH I just saw the previous posts you guys wrote about a FB group.I tried to create one but yes also saw how you have to invite your friends. I called it Whole 30 and Paleo, maybe try searching for it and see if you can join? I joined a group in the past with a bunch of ppl I am not directly friends with on FB, so it should work.

I was unable to find your group. Is it public?

Greets from another Aussie, about to embark on my first real Whole30 ( had a 'dry run' a few weeks ago ;) ) This time I am committed.........said while swearing on ISWF !

Best wishes to everyone else on this path and my grateful thanks to Melissa and Dallas for giving me this opportunity !

Hi all,

I'm from Sydney Australia, and have been eating paleo in a half way mode for the last year or so, I lost 15 kgs (sorry I'm not sure how many pounds that is) quickly and then stalled. Now having read up on the whole 30 I notice that I'm "using" the crutches of very dark chocolate, dried fruit and too many nuts which may have kept me at a stand still. I will start my whole 30 on August 1, it is my birthday late in the month so I have a while to decide how to handle it!!

Best wishes to all

Jacqui

Hi :)

I decided to have a war-up day zero today :) So I had a 100% compliant breakfast (no yougurt, boo), black coffee which I actually liked and I FOUND SUGAR FREE BACON! Yay! The 30 days to come have just got a bit easier ;) Have a nice day :) Anyone planning the last bowl of ice cream for the evening? ;) I'm considering getting stuffed with dark chocolate ;)

ok here is the link. I cannot figure out why no one could find it within FB. Let me know if you can see it and gain access. it is open to public.

http://www.facebook....s/whole30paleo/

Thanks for starting the group on FB! I'm excited to have so much support as we all take this trip!

I decided to have a war-up day zero today :) So I had a 100% compliant breakfast (no yougurt, boo), black coffee which I actually liked and I FOUND SUGAR FREE BACON! Yay! The 30 days to come have just got a bit easier ;) Have a nice day :) Anyone planning the last bowl of ice cream for the evening? ;) I'm considering getting stuffed with dark chocolate ;)

I had my last bowl last night! So good. Where di you find sugar free bacon? I've heard you can only find it at costco. I'd love to have some over the next 30 days! :)

I am starting August 1st at well!

I fell of the wagon and now it's time to get back on. I have felt SO much better eating this way and it keeps me more sane!

I am glad that there are others doing this as well....it keeps me motivated!

Good luck and have fun!

Please tell me aboutt his sugar free bacon. I found some at Kroger but it had the nitrates/nitrites and other fun stuff in it. What brand did you find?

Hiya re starting today having done 3 weeks I was meant to be finishing my first W30 on Aug 7th, but when I saw this I thought I'd join you and keep going till end of August as I feel SO good! I'll never know if I've lost weight now 'cos I can't weigh myself till end of August, it's the longest time I've gone without weighing myself.........this can't be a bad thing.

Here we go!

Magda you are very bold 'getting stuffed with dark chocolate! I did that on the weekend & am DONE. Hope you enjoyed your 'last supper'.

Hi to the Aussie newbies. I am from Perth but I have lived in West Cork in Ireland for 13 years.

I found the FB group & have requested to join, thanks for setting it up.

Day 1 is here yah! What is everyone having for breakfast? I am having some local free range organic 100% meat sausages with some green beans. I am a big eggs girl but will enjoy trying different things for brekky.

Haha, I ended up leaving chocolate alone - it will have to wait for 29,5 days ;) Today I had sweet potatoes and cauliflower mash with eggs for breakfast (+ some cherries and a few cashews and black coffee). So far, so good :)

new to the program as well...support will be key i think - so count me in!

@grace anna - my family (husband) isn't totally on board either so we can stick together! He's supportive of me doing this but he doesn't want to give up his carbs and most importantly beer - but hopefully he will see all the positive changes in me and think twice!

new to the program as well...support will be key i think - so count me in!

@grace anna - my family (husband) isn't totally on board either so we can stick together! He's supportive of me doing this but he doesn't want to give up his carbs and most importantly beer - but hopefully he will see all the positive changes in me and think twice!

my husband won't do paleo either :\ ohhhh well.

My husband doesn't even want to hear about my diets anymore ;) I'd been on Montignac diet, vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan (that one didn't last long though), low calorie, you name it. So he's basically used to me eating weird stuff. He doesn't mind as long as I'm healthy and don't force him to eat tofu ;)

I hope this "diet" will be my final one that will allow me to redefine my attitude to food. And to undo the damage that I did to myself through all the previous ones.

Archived