August 1 Whole30 Start - buddies??

Pixiegirl

Hello everyone, I'm starting the Whole 30 today also. I know I'm going to need all the support and motivation from others doing this as well!!! I started getting nervous and doubting myself last night just thinking about it. Wish everyone the best!!! We can do it!!!!! ;)

Brandy Reid

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!! I'm starting today also! I did my first whole30 in September 2009 not very well, my second with success in January 2012, since then trying to follow a 90% paleo... I love beans and cheese and wine! in El Salvador is hard to give up beans! I lived in spain last year and my skin was perfect when I came back to El Salvador my skin problems came back again, follow by stress and many things! In january I loose 6 pounds that never came back so happy! I feel more confident and secure about going out with friends and all the comments about my eating but feeling just great no worries about that! this whole30 is to go back on track, try to eliminate cheese and beans may be this are the cause of my skin problem! good luck to everyone!

I'm in, too. I'm actually on Day 12. I've had several false starts, so I didn't post 12 days ago when I started again. I'm in for the whole month of August, though! I've done a Whole30 once before, during Lent in 2010. It completely changed my life. I've been on-again/off-again with paleo eating and have restarted Whole30s along the way but haven't been successful at completing them since that first one. On Day 12 now, I am feeling fantastic and very empowered. I'm ready for a full forever lifestyle change and am so excited about it! Incidentally I am alone in my household of 8 family members. They will eat my food just fine, but they won't stop eating their junk. I've quit buying it, so they'll have to get it on their own if they want differently than what I am providing! :)

Hey! I could use some buddies too :) I applied for membership to the FB group because that format works better for me. Day 1. Whee! :-)

Magda, I just had to comment that I've gone through so many diets over the years too. I dragged my husband with me most of the time, lol! I was vegetarian when he met me, then back to SAD. Then we went McDougall (vegan and low protein and fat), then SAD. Then he had health problems so I panicked and put us on low fat, low cholesterol (almost no meat), low sodium for a year. Man, that was the worst, lol! I was so sick of it by the end. Then I watched FatHead and found primal (Mark Sisson) and we haven't looked back. His health markers all improved on this way of eating.

So i've already been grain free for over a year and sugar free for over a month, but dairy . . . oy. And I still eat peanut butter and am not too careful about seed oils (I don't have the patience to make home made mayo so I ate the canola type). I'm also cutting eggs because I suspect I have a problem with them and want to confirm it (or - fingers crossed - find out I'm wrong!). So I have a jump on the Whole30, but can still use support.

Ok, hi everyone, and good luck!

Hi all!

I am going to join you! I started on Monday and so far so good...the worst thing for me is that I like a glass or two of wine in the evenings and I travel a lot for work so......reading what everyone else is accomplishing will be a great way to keep me focused!!!

Looking forward to it!

Hi buddies! I'm Molly. I am just completing my first 30 day Paleo Challenge and so excited to continue with the Whole30 mission! I look forward from sharing, learning and motivating with all of you! Here's to a happier and healthier body!

Howdy! (Any Aggies out there??)

I'll be jumping on board with y'all come Aug 1! I've been eating paleo-ish (seems to be a pretty common term) for about 2 years now. But, i'm still having some health issues and trouble getting into the athletic shape I want. So... I'm am hopeful this helps.

I'm ready to go all out here, but am pretty nervous. I'll be on vacation with the fam Aug 3-10 and they are not paleo. But, we're in a condo so I should be able to cook a ton.Then I start vet school (whoop!) Aug 20, so I'm anticipating stress and anxiety to be a trigger. I also tend to snack quite a bit while studying, so i'll have to find some other ways to keep my body busy while my mind is crankin' away.

Looking forward to keeping in touch with everyone as we embark on this live changing month (lifetime??) commitment :)

Sarah

Howdy, Sarah,

I'm an Aggie mom! WHOOP! You'll definitely want to steer clear of the Lane's fried chicken during your Whole30! :) Pretty soon your friends will want to know what you're doing to look and feel so great! You'll be spreading the good food word in Aggieland in no time!

Best wishes for a successful start.

Hi! My name is Vicky. I am starting today. Super excited to start and feel the health benefits. I am already gluten and dairy free. Giving up chia lattes with soy is my hurdle but can be done. If anyone has a good substitute let me know.

Hi all!,

Just getting started with the Whole30 today, Super "frexcited" for this whole adventure...

I had a terrible day of "breakup sex" with all the food I love yesterday...Now I feel terrible, but it's good because it reminds me why I'm doing this!

Can't wait to see how I feel as this gets going!

Rebecca

Hey Everybody,

I'd like to pitch in. I'm starting my first Whole30 today too. I've been cutting out a lot of sugars and carbs for over a year now with good results. I'm looking forward to a full 30 days (at least) with zero bad stuff and see how much my body'll love it.

-Dan

I'm starting today too!! Well technically I already started didn't I? I have been Paleo since October 2011, but I am excited to cut out the occassional heavy cream & butter, wine, chocolate, and "sugar" in the form of honey & maple syrup that I do allow myself as an indulgence. Basically I have been great at staying paleo, I just want to cut out the treats and I feel like I need a reset! Good luck everyone!

Hi. I started today. This is my first 100% attempt with Paleo. I am 34 years old, married with three kids (6 and twin 3.5 year olds), and work full time. I need to eat healthier and I would love to get into shape and lose 30 or 40 lbs. I sent a request to join the facebook group.

i think my head hurts without the caffeine today. I normally drink way to much diet mt dew!

As the "old lady" of the group at age 65 I sure wish I learned all this stuff at your young ages. But, better late than never so I am on board. I have a lot of weight to lose and a lot of health to regain. I am happy to find a reasonable way to do that. We've cleaned out our kitchen, bought groceries, planned a week's worth of meals, and successfully made mayonnaise and Creamy Italian Dressing from Well Fed. What I'm missing already is my Diet Rite soda made with Splenda. I think that will be the hardest things for me since we don't have a lot of social engagements this month. I'm glad you guys picked August for that reason. :)

I'm starting my first Whole30 today! Yay! I had my first baby two months ago, and it's time to start working on that baby weight. I wanted something that would keep me eating a well balanced, healthy, nursing-friendly diet, and yet still allow me to loose weight at a moderate pace. Whole30 seems perfect for this!

Last night hubby and I went out to eat for a "last meal" and I had a soda and fried chicken. Starting today no more of that! I'm definitely looking forward to this challenge! :-)

Hello, So far so good....the "happiness" mood came upon me all of a sudden this morning! I also bought Melissa Joulwan's book, on Kindle/iPad books......the proper one is seriously expensive, at least if it has to be shipped to UK. It looks terrific. It's my son's birthday today and we're going out to lunch.....I'm OK with that, I know I can handle it......more confident eating out now.

Keep going! By the way I'm utterly inspired by Arthur Boorman. I don't know how to post a link here (I'll learn!) Please find this amazing video on You Tube ....."Never, Ever Give Up, Arthur's Inspirational Transformation" The Whole 30 should be a doddle for us compared to this guy!!

Love and hugs xxx

Archived