Need recipe for Almond Milk non-oatmeal

AinOaktown

Hello!  This is my first post.  I am on day 14 and holding strong!  One of my workout coaches mentioned that she makes "no'oatmeal" from almond milk must.  She makes her own almond milk, uses the must, adds egg white, spices.  Breakfast!

I am a runner and I do boot camp in the mornings and I am still feeling fatigued.  So I wanted something to get my fueled up and ready to work out.  I find that plain eggs or a more savory breakfast is hard on my stomach and mind.

Any recipes out there using almond must and egg whites?  (I searched and didn't find them, could be the newbie in me.) OR any other non-savory ideas that have protein?

Thanks!

Sorry. You didn't find that recipe here because it is not a Whole30 meal.  Non-savory really isn't what we do here.  Give the protein-fat-veg template a real shot and see if your mind comes around.  After 30 days, you can decide if you want to go the faux-tmeal route and ask your coach for the recipe.

I'm not really understanding what almond milk must is...do you mean almond meal?

There is nothing really wrong with almond milk or almond meal, but one of the W30 rules is not paleoizing foods like bread, pancakes, etc. Almond meal and egg whites does not fit the template either. 

If you are working out super early you may just do a pre-wo meal/post-wo meal and then a regular meal 1 later. The pre-wo meal would be protein and fat and the post-wo meal would be lean protein and starchy carbs.

So for example you could do a couple of hard boiled eggs with mayo pre-workout and chicken and sweet potato post. My favorite pre-workout is actually eggs and bacon to be honest.

Like Nico said...trust the W30 and really give it a shot. When you are done you can do whatever you want.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is the recipe you are looking for:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/no-oat-oatmeal-its-no-atmeal/#axzz2o2iSkg1W

I'm sure you'll hear other folks here tell you the reasons some don't find it to be Whole30.  It doesn't break any rules, but it doesn't fit the meal template (no veggies, probably not enough protein) and some folks will call it SWYPO. I say make your own decision about whether you want it during your Whole30, and if you do include it don't have it every day. 

You can make homemade almond milk, or if you don't want the work, you can also used canned coconut milk instead. 

I think this is the recipe you are looking for:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/no-oat-oatmeal-its-no-atmeal/#axzz2o2iSkg1W

I'm sure you'll hear other folks here tell you the reasons some don't find it to be Whole30.  It doesn't break any rules, but it doesn't fit the meal template (no veggies, probably not enough protein) and some folks will call it SWYPO. I say make your own decision about whether you want it during your Whole30, and if you do include it don't have it every day. 

You can make homemade almond milk, or if you don't want the work, you can also used canned coconut milk instead. 

Correct...this recipe doesn't break the rules but it doesn't meet the recommendations for your best experience with the program. 

Archived