Daughter says tummy hurts after every meal

Dem

My 3 yo dd has recently started telling me her tummy hurts after every meal (like, when there are two bites of food left on her plate). She is not 100% paleo but I am doing a whole30 so she eats pretty clean. Her stools seem normal. Should I be worried or is this just another thing kids say?

It's possible that she is feeling way more full than usual - I have noticed that I feel absolutely STUFFED after eating maybe 3/4 of my meal a lot of times, whereas back when I was eating a lot of processed food/grains, I would eat about the same amount of food visually, but I would still be hungry. Sometimes now I seriously feel like I'm going to pop, and I always seem to have a disproportionate amount of protein/fat left when it happens. Veggies fill me up more than I realized!

So maybe ask her if she means "my tummy is so full it hurts" hurts, or something else. If she's just so full it hurts, then maybe pare down her portions a little.

If she says no, it's something else, I wish I knew what to do, but I don't have any kids of my own, so I don't know much about it. Hopefully someone with kids will chime in too!

Is she acting like its bothering her after she steps away fom the table? Maybe it just her way of saying she is full?....is she resisting her meals or happily eating what you give? I guess I would look more toward her behavior than her words. I know my 3yo who is very picky will say anything to get out of eating. For us, the majority of time, tummy aches =need tp poop, but if that's normal I would assume behavior.

Archived