"Natural Ingredients" - Bengal Spice Tea

WendyE

I'm concerned about Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Tea.  The ingredients are all compliant, except for the unexplained "natural flavors" and "natural vanilla flavors."  I've email the company twice with no response.  I read in an article online that the author finally got a response that stated that his doctor would have to email the company to find out if it was a health concern.

I know that "natural flavors" are not technically banned on Whole30, and I don't think I will ever find out what is in them - sweeteners can be hid under that label - and I'm just wondering if I should start over. I've had quite a bit of the tea before I thought to question these ambiguous ingredients.

I'm concerned about Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Tea.  The ingredients are all compliant, except for the unexplained "natural flavors" and "natural vanilla flavors."  I've email the company twice with no response.  I read in an article online that the author finally got a response that stated that his doctor would have to email the company to find out if it was a health concern.

I know that "natural flavors" are not technically banned on Whole30, and I don't think I will ever find out what is in them - sweeteners can be hid under that label - and I'm just wondering if I should start over. I've had quite a bit of the tea before I thought to question these ambiguous ingredients.

On the teas, asked and answered previously: you're fine. http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/8394-celestial-seasons-tea/

I have seen ground turkey with that on it, too. What are they???

On the turkey, you might want to contact the manufacturer to see if you can get more specifics.

Archived