Whole 30 take 2

Maisymaster

I did fairly well for about a week at the end of December, but then I let myself be sucked into my husband's groceries. So, today I start again.

Any suggestions for dealing with cravings that stem from boredom and depression. I feel that I am just at the edge of succeeding.

Thanks

I did fairly well for about a week at the end of December, but then I let myself be sucked into my husband's groceries. So, today I start again.

Any suggestions for dealing with cravings that stem from boredom and depression. I feel that I am just at the edge of succeeding.

Thanks

My suggestions: be well prepared by planning meals and doing prep work as necessary, keep your food and your husbands food separately preferably with his above eye level, when you are craving ask yourself if you are hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli. If yes have a mini meal. If no do something else. Anything else. Go for a walk, read a book, write in a journal, whatever. If there is some sort of hobby you have wanted to try now would be a good time. Every time you want to eat because you are bored or depressed put some energy into that new skill. It is hard to retrain those emotional food responses but it is so worth it!

Thanks

oooh noooo!!! sucked into hubbies groceries... ;) All I can say is that it took me more starts and stops than I care to admit...(probably about 4ish??) BUT each "re-start" I went a little longer...felt a little better. You'll get your groove on. JUST DON'T give UP!!! Boredom & depression...(I've been there) To help with the boredom...I found structure helped...turing off the TV and start reaching out to people...regarding the depression...for me I noticed a significant change in my brain at about the beginning of week 3ish?? No matter... you will KNOW it when it happens. Hang tough...plan your meals...reach out to others...read read read!!! This is an investment in yourself...sooooo not worth the "groceries". 

Final note...anything worthwhile is never easy!!! BUT sooooo worth it! You got this!!! yay!!! :D 

All the best!!! Keep us posted we are ALL here to cheer you on!!!!

Grandma Carolyn

Archived