Sick!!

CayrBear

Day 16 of Whole 30 and I'm sick. And no, it's not carb flu...it's a cold. I'm cranky and miserable, and I don't want chicken, or vegetables, or eggs....I want a muffin, or cookies...something warm and carby. I want to cry. Any suggestions for something I can eat?? Might I add I sure do not feel like cooking. And I'm souped-out. No soup. I'm just not happy and feeling sorry for myself at the moment.

I am on Day 14 and same thing this morning.  I'm trying to do some fruit and sweet potatoes today.  I even was going to have the whole sweet potato with breakfast (usually just do 1/2), but found once I got some food in it helped.  I know you said no soup but I'm also defrosting just some plain chicken broth and will put in some garlic powder and red pepper to see if that helps clear out the sinuses.

Also, I find this tip helps a lot - if you have a probiotic at home that can be "opened".  I open my capsule just before bed when i'm done with brushing my teeth and drinking and swish the probiotic powder around my mouth and let the good probiotics sit in the back of my throat and migrate to the sinuses over night.  It's important not to drink so it doesn't just get washed into the stomach.  Every time I've done this the congestion and sore throat is kicked in a couple days. 

I'm right there with you. I'm on day 17 and I have some sort of sinus thing that's giving me a headache and robbing me of all desire to cook. Between that and the near constant nose blowing, it's not good times right now.

Stay strong!

M

Archived