Starting my first Whole30 on 1/21/14!

ellpee44

Hello! My name is Lauren and I'm starting my first Whole30 this coming Tuesday (1/21/14). I'm waiting until then so I can get my pantry and fridge cleaned out and stocked up. I'm taking the weekend and my Monday off of work to clean and go grocery shopping. I'm giving myself a few days because I feel like I will probably need to go to a few stores to find everything I need. We have a Whole Foods and Fresh Market and some smaller organic stores in my city. In others experiences, is Whole Foods or Fresh Market better for finding Whole30 approved items? Any tips are welcome! I'm excited to start!!

Thanks!

I am going to start my Whole 30 on 1/21 too!  I agree I need the weekend and Monday to get all the clean foods together and well as get more resources on meal planing and foods I will need to make it through the week.  I am super excited.  I think this is will finally allow me to break the hold that Sugar has had on me and held me back for years.  

I personally like Whole Foods. I am not a Fresh Market fan. The Fresh Market where I live does not carry grass fed beef, or pastured chickens. Also, I think it's more expensive......although Whole Foods is not cheap, either, but they have some really good sales. The book Rich Food Poor Food is an excellent resource. The authors call it a Grocery Purchasing System (GPS). It has helped me find items in normal grocery stores for cheaper then what I would pay at Whole Foods. Another good resource is Lucky Vitamin on line, as well as Amazon.

Archived