Itchy ears?

MerBear

I always attributed my innerears itching to dairy. Or even gluten. I'm on day 16 and they are still itching pretty intensely. Anyone heard of this? Is there anything I could be eating that could be causing this? Eggs? Avocado? I've been totally compliant this far, but the itching has been waking me up at night. Just recently started having abdominal discomfort and gas as of the past 2 days, which has fueled my thought of a food sensitivity. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

You may have too much wax or not enough, or you may have allergies. There's a number of things it could be, but it definitely recommend getting your ears checked if you can. I have a problem with too much wax and get my ears cleaned from time to time, they suction some of it out, and feels really good!

Have you ever brought this up to your doc?

• 1 month later...

Itchy ears are one of the things that drive me to the Whole30! Mine calmed down a kit during the first whole 30. I realized when I reintroduced dairy that the dairy triggers eczema, and the itching in my ears appears to be that. I did try rubbing a bit of coconut oil in my ears one night when the itching was driving me crazy, and it did seem to help a bit. I'm in the dele (day20) of my second whole30, and most oft he itching has calmed down. But I am thinking I will have to look further at night shades and see if they are implicated as well.

Archived