Day 18 and so tired

amyjoe

I'm on Day 18. I did this to support my husband and he is feeling AMAZING. I am thrilled about that but I felt great before I started, didn't feel any different since I started and then I noticed that in the past week I've been getting more and more tired as the days pass and now I'm abnormally tired. Something is not right. I'm 5'1" and 106 lbs. I run 2-3 miles 3-5x a week. I usually eat 2 eggs, homemade compliant sausage and veggies for breakfast, little to no snacks in the am, leftovers from dinner for lunch or a salad, a small snack in the pm and then dinner and maybe a small snack before bed. My snacks are usually some of the following: handful of nuts, organic sunbutter, fruit or raisins. All our dinners have been directly out of the Well Fed cookbook. I'm sleeping long and good but waking and staying so very tired throughout the day. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

First I would try to stick to the 3 template meals each day and not snack. When you are working out you can have a pre-workout meal of fat and protein and a post-workout meal of lean protein and starchy vegetable. If you need a snack (like hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli or something equally boring and bland) than eat a mini meal with protein, veg, and fat. You shouldn't be snacking on fruit and remember nuts and nutbutters are a fat for the W30. Try and save your 1-2 servings of fruit for part of a meal or directly following a meal as the fat and protein will slow down the sugar hit of the fruit. If you are finding you need regular snacks try eating more at your meals.

Are you adding fat to all your meals (outside of the cooking fat that is)? Are you eating starchy vegetable every day (sweet potato, winter squash, beets, etc)? 

Thanks Bethany! I've been trying not to snack unless I'm hungry (not bored). I try to eat until I'm full for my 3 meals. I have not been intentionally eating before or after I run so I'll try that. Yes, I do pair the fruit with my meals, now that you mention that. I can see how snacking on fruit could be a sugar rush on an empty stomach so I'll watch for that. Yes, we are eating starchy veggies and I'm not sure about the added fat. Could you give me some examples? I thought the added fat was already built into the Well Fed recipes. I try and add avocado and nuts to my salads. Thanks a bunch!

A lot of it depends on the recipe. But if you are feeling low energy adding more fat can't really hurt you.

I'm a big egg eater so I usually eat eggs and veggies with compliant bacon as my fat source in the morning. Some people like to add coconut milk or coconut oil or coconut butter to their coffee which is also added fat. 

I make my own mayo and add it to a lot of my meals. You can add ghee to your vegetables instead of butter. 

Avocado is always a good addition. Make sure you don't use nuts too often. Make a homemade dressing for your salad as well. Some great ones in Well Fed.

Perhaps posting a few detailed days of your meal plan would help me give you more specific examples. If you have not already I would print out the meal template and put it up on your fridge so you can reference it for every meal and that should definitely help.

Thanks for posting this, Amyjoe--I've had some of the same problems so I was interested in solutions. I also don't give myself as hard a time as I should about snacking on fruit, or snacking period, so I'll join you in trying to straighten up and fly right  :)

Archived