Day 9 HUGE cravings

I'm on day 9 of my first whole 30 and haven't had too much trouble. Yes I've had the "bubbly" stomach, a little nausea and I swear my sense of smell is getting better because I could smell the cookies my hubby bought through the packaging, but nothing I wasn't able to push through. Then last night came THE DREAM. I had a dream that I ate an enitre smith island caramel cake. For those who don't know smith island cakes are 17 thin layers of cake with thin layers of frosting in between. I could taste it. In my dream I took a fork and dug right into the middle, I didn't even cut a piece. I actually woke up feeling like I ate the cake and I messed up my progress. Now today I'm having HUGE cravings for a muffin, a cupcake ANYTHING sweet. It's driving me up a wall. HELP.

you can get through it! grab some fruit and drink some water, then distract yourself and take a walk, go shopping, anything. Distractions help! This is definitely a SWYPO thing, but if you are really thinking that you will cave, make some coconut whipped cream (chill a can of coconut milk, scoop out the cream that rises, whip with cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder) and top some fruit with it. You are still W30 food compliant, and can work on your sugar demons as your W30 continues. :)

ETA: I would actually try grabbing fat+protein first, because it is satiating - for a while for me it was a couple of pieces of bacon, or a hard boiled egg, etc. It works, but I understand the pull of the sugar cravings, so I had to post my personal solution above. :)

I saw something the other day that said instead of a snack to go ahead and have a meal. I find when I usually want to snack, it's because I didn't eat a large enough meal earlier. Sometimes I am just bored but usually I need more fat or protein to feel full. After that, I don't really crave stuff so I don't go back and have more nuts or whatever I was snacking on that didn't fill me up the first time I ate it.

Archived