Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FireTopRed

Day two...the strange thing I miss the most is...

Dark chocolate, hands down, no contest! What has been interesting to me is how many foods I don't miss, which is pretty awesome. I don't miss bread, at least not typical sandwich bread. That stuff just looks gross...also oatmeal, yuck.

For me the strangest thing is how much I don't miss anything. I thought forsure I was barely going to get through the first day... so far, so tremendously awesome!!

For me the strangest thing is how much I don't miss anything. I thought forsure I was barely going to get through the first day... so far, so tremendously awesome!!

p.s. I have been putting coconut milk in coffee, otherwise maybe I'd be missing coffee cream...

I thought I would miss wine the most, but turns out half & half in my coffee is what I miss most. I've switched to herbal tea.

I also miss being able to pick up the phone and order a pizza or Chinese. I don't really miss pizza or Chinese food, but just the convenience of having dinner delivered on nights when I'm not in the mood or don't have much time to cook. I sure wish there was a Paleo Dinner Delivery Service of some sort! haha!

I thought I would miss wine the most, but turns out half & half in my coffee is what I miss most. I've switched to herbal tea.

I also miss being able to pick up the phone and order a pizza or Chinese. I don't really miss pizza or Chinese food, but just the convenience of having dinner delivered on nights when I'm not in the mood or don't have much time to cook. I sure wish there was a Paleo Dinner Delivery Service of some sort! haha!

I also miss the convenience of take out!.Maybe the "Sharks" will help us start a paleo delivery!

I also think I miss cream and sweetener in my coffee but will see what happens when I add it back at the end. Others have told me they can't stand it that way any more. Here's hoping!

I'm 5 days in and really want to get on the scale too! I still want to reach for gum but it is getting easier. I've been OK with using coconut milk in my coffee. I would love a glass of wine, I think that will be the first thing I reintroduce, lol.

I love reading all of the responses. It is nice knowing I am not alone!

just starting today. This reminded me I need to get the gum out of my purse so I don't grab it by accident out of habit. I think the first few days is going to be a real challenge. I'm not changing a lot but enough...just giving up sweeteners is going to be the tough one artificial or not. I switched to tea a week ago since I can't do coffee without cream and sweet. I would rather do without. Tea I like plain.

Wow... Thank you for posting this... I didn't even think about chewing gum! Mints are probably out as well... I hope there are not more things I am not thinking about before I get started.

Oops! Never thought about my gum. Guess I'm going to miss it.

What I'm missing most though is Pringles. I haven't yet found a good salty/crunchy replacement.

I am totally with you on the chewing gum! I did not realize how much I chewed it...ok...not true..I knew I chewed a LOT!!!

Not sure what else I am missing right now! By tomorrow night I am sure many things will hit me!