New to runnning....

Iderera2

Hey everyone, I signed up for my first 5k in April and while I've got the post-WO snack down after my strength and conditioning workouts, I was wondering if it should be the same after my runs. Since I'm pretty new to running I'm just trying to build a base first and will probably do something similar to couch to 5k. Since those runs aren't very long and I'm trying to take things easy, should I still have a post-WO snack?

in my experience, the first 5 weeks or so of C25K you likely won't need much. But soon after that you will. I found that if I didn't have something my legs get weird and when I go to try to sleep they are so achy that I can't sleep. Doesn't happen if I'm good with my Post-WO protein. 

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, this will depend mostly on several factors, not the least of which being, how far, how fast, how long. For my runs, I usually steer away from eating within about an hour before but make sure I get something immediately after. That is not a muscle fuel decision on my part, that is a "I don't want to puke" decision.

Archived