I'm back!! Let's do this group!!

Kryztle

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 27....holy cow what a night! I slept great with one wake up at midnight..thought it was later than that. Had dreams about my highschool buddies. 1st dream went with Angie and Amy to movies and ate a hotdog with mustard not even thinking about it. Next dream was I delivered cakes to Dawns house for her daughters birthday and my payment was a bologna sandwich!! So weird!!! At the beginning of the whole 30 I had a dream that I was eating a Big Mac made out of doughnuts!! What??!!?? LoL! Breakfast was leftover casserole with sweet potato! Coffee and coconut milk with cinnamon. Have a good weekend whole 30's!! Xoxo

I wish I liked them more runninglawyer88. The other thing I can't stand is fish. Which is even more of a bummer with this lifestyle! Sweet potatoes I can at least tolerate. Fish is just a no go for me. I've tried and tried it, and I will keep trying it because I am just hopeful like that, but I have never, ever liked fish for as long as I can remember. :( The other thing I have never liked which shocks people is mushrooms. BLECH. The taste and texture are just gross to me. I have been considering trying Nom Nom Paleo's Magic Mushroom Powder as a seasoning to see if I can acquire the taste for them. Again, I wish I did like them!

I wish I liked them more runninglawyer88. The other thing I can't stand is fish. Which is even more of a bummer with this lifestyle! Sweet potatoes I can at least tolerate. Fish is just a no go for me. I've tried and tried it, and I will keep trying it because I am just hopeful like that, but I have never, ever liked fish for as long as I can remember. :( The other thing I have never liked which shocks people is mushrooms. BLECH. The taste and texture are just gross to me. I have been considering trying Nom Nom Paleo's Magic Mushroom Powder as a seasoning to see if I can acquire the taste for them. Again, I wish I did like them!

Sometimes you just don't like what you don't like--I don't think I could EVER eat beef, ever. Maybe carne asada someday but that's the extent of it. So, I get it. I think after you've tried something enough times you can safely say you don't like it and it sounds like you DO NOT like fish or mushrooms and that's okay. I detest mustard, onions (when not cooked till completely translucent), and mayo...I don't foresee this changing at all and my food choices are plentiful and delicious without them :) 

Im with you on not liking fish and mushrooms!! It's definitely a texture thing. I can eat mushroom as long as it's in sauce and cut up fine. If not then I toss it!! And fish...yuck! I like tuna but that's it...weird I know! But I have tried and tried to like other fish but it's a smell thing for me, I can't stand being in a room with it. Makes me nauseated! I am ordering boat sauce you told me about.. It's on my amazon wish list, lol!!!

As far as mayo goes, have you tried to make it? I don't like mayo either however I love the homemade mayo in tuna (weird that I can eat this but that's it!!) salad.

Kryztle--I haven't made mayo because I can't bring myself to "waste" a cup of olive oil on something I'm not likely to enjoy. I was thinking of making a 1/2 batch using 1/2 cup olive oil but then I'd have to split an egg in half and I'm not sure if that would work too well. I'll try it and see if I can deal with it. I'm intrigued since so many mayo haters actually enjoy the homemade stuff. 

Yeah it's so crazy but I was in same boat as you about not wanting to waste stuff but I finally did and love it!! I can't eat it in my burger or anything or maybe I could I just haven't tried it...I use it for my ranch dressing and tuna and egg salads! Let me know what you think if you make it :)

Day 28....whoa 2 days left before I reintroduce!!! I can't wait to weigh in! I am going to attempt to make the chocolate chili today..wish me luck! I have to have beans in my chili so I'm hoping I can fight my mind and let my body enjoy it! Breakfast was breakfast casserole, glad when this is gone, lol!, sweet potato, coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon. I am feeling great!!

I'm not a fan of commercial mayo, I used to use it, but I would always mix it with something.  But homemade mayo is really good. I only make it like this now, and it has never failed on me. Kryztle is right though, it can be used as the base for so many things in terms of dressings or paleo sauces. I also use it for ranch, as well as a guacamole type dressing for my taco salads. I will add seasoning to it as well, like chipotle powder or garlic for a different flavor. It really is versatile. Just don't use EVOO, it would have too strong of a taste. Definitely use the light tasting olive oil!

2 more days Kryztle!!! I know what a great feeling it is to finish one, so I hope this doesn't sound corny, but I'm so proud of you!!! You overcame adversity to conquer something that already isn't easy! Like I keep saying, you are a rockstar my friend!

Just curious about your coffee, are you blending it with a stick blender or anything? I was just wondering about the texture with the cinnamon and how it tastes. It sounds good in theory. I tried cocoa powder in mine and the texture was not so great, the next day I blended it and it was WAY better.

Thanks Julie!! I just sprinkle it in and stir it....i have compliant spices :) so it's not an actual cinn stick. Is that what you are asking? I bought cocoa powder today and goin to try that tomorrow. I love my coffee now!! I'm not missing any of the flavoring I use to put in it :) I am so excited...2 days...but scared too!! I fried chicken in ghee with almond flour and spices, sugar snap peas, and orange for lunch.

Sorry Kryztle, I should have said immersion blender since we were talking about cinnamon, which does come in the form of a stick!! LOL But you answered my question anyway. I just found that stirring it leaves it a bit gritty with the cocoa. So I was just curious about the cinnamon. Your lunch sounds delish!

I'm going to post over there my reintroduction stage! I'm excited, nervous, and scared but ready to see how my body reacts to dairy because I was diagnosed 10 years ago lactose intolerant..I still consumed dairy though...so we will see! I'm not craving any dairy at this moment! But I use to love cheese!!!

Archived