My husband actually LIKES his food

Guest Wheat on Trial

Guest Wheat on Trial

On the way out to work today, my husband grabbed his lunchbox and said "what's for lunch today? More yummy stuff from last night?"

(Last night was I made zucchini boats with cauliflower rice, ala this recipe: http://blog.stuffimakemyhusband.com/2012/08/zucchini-boats-stuffed-with-coconut.html)

My jaw pretty much hit the floor, as my husband hates vegetables with a passion. He eats them, usually kicking and screaming and chasing each bite with a glass of water or a beer. (Right, it was shocking he even wanted to participate in the Whole 30 with me to begin with)

I'd certainly say I need to troubleshoot this complete turnaround in so short a time (we're on Day 8 now). So what's the scoop? Has anybody else done (or seen their significant other do) a complete 180 when it comes to veggies?

Guest Wheat on Trial

He wasn't sarcastic... I just can't believe he would have made such a drastic change so quickly and just looking for others with a similar experience to validate

Veggies are really good when they are well seasoned and eaten with meat and fat.  It's the "eat them steamed with lemon juice because it's heart healthy" crowd that has given many of our generation the willies about vegetables.

Archived