Solo Whole30 - Start Date: January 21, 2014

cantora87

Well today is Day 0.  Got a whole chicken, some salmon, turkey bacon, and a pot-roast to have as protein, and lots of avocados and coconut milk/oil for fats.  Big selection of veggies and salad, and raspberries and blueberries to add some variety to all the eggs for breakfast.

I'm going more or less solo since my husband is working lots of overtime right now and eating what they bring into the office.  I'm staying with my family a lot during this period and they're vegans, so that'll be interesting....  

Tomorrow's Menu:

- Eggs, avocado, raspberries

- Chicken (crock-pot), salad w/ carrots

- Salmon (grilled), broccoli & bell peppers

- Almonds, coconut milk, celery (for snacks)

Welcome!

You sound well-prepared.

A couple things to check:

- confirm the turkey bacon is compliant (no sugar, sweetener or other nasties)

- ensure the coconut milk is compliant (no carrageenan, sweetener or sulfites)

Make sure you have veggies with your breakfast, to meet the meal template.

Try to minimize snacking. If you are genuinely hungry between meals, have a mini-meal that includes a protein and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

Hi GFChris!  Thanks for the feedback!  The coconut milk is the canned, cooking kind, so it just has some guar gum, which apparently is okay.  I do need to check on the turkey bacon though....  I didn't even know bacon had sugar normally!

Will also try to incorporate veggies in the AM.

The snacks are more because I'm a nursing momma of a one-year-old and it is super hard to get a full meal all at once.  He's a pretty attached little guy.  I'm trying to figure out how to keep my calorie intake up for nursing too... thus the coconut milk/nuts.  Any suggestions?

Day 1 went well and as planned.  Day 2 I missed my avocado for breakfast because none were ripe--need to get some tomatoes to put them in bags with.  Pot-roast is going for dinner (will add some bell peppers and cauliflower) and I'm planning on having cold chicken and salad for lunch.

The snacks are more because I'm a nursing momma of a one-year-old and it is super hard to get a full meal all at once.  He's a pretty attached little guy.  I'm trying to figure out how to keep my calorie intake up for nursing too... thus the coconut milk/nuts.  Any suggestions?

Ah, well nursing mommas have license to eat more.  :) 

So, yes, either have more meals, or if you feel the need to eat in between, again, have a mini-meal that contains a protein and fat. For example, have compliant prosciutto with the nuts or chicken with the coconut, or egg/salmon/tuna salad with either mashed avocado or homemade paleo mayo.

Archived