What do you do when.....

You massively oversleep?

Day 10 here. Feeling pretty great, a little bloated, but energy is through the roof. Until this morning, when I woke up 5 minutes before I needed to leave for work!!

I have been cooking eggs every morning and nuking pre-cooked butternut squash with ghee. No time for that. Didn't want to eat fruit, figured that would make things worse. So I shoved a spoon in the almond butter, ate 3 spoons and ran for the door. Now it's 3 hours later and I'm feeling (surprisingly) not too bad. I think I might make it to lunch (which I fortunately had all packed and ready to go).

I know some people pre-boil eggs but I'm not a cold egg fan.

Anyway, any ideas on how you handle an unexpected time emergency in regards to meal planning would be welcome. Stuff comes up, you know? But regardless, I'm amazed that not even once did I think, "oh I'll just have something non-Whole30" I am in the mental zone. :)

You massively oversleep?

Day 10 here. Feeling pretty great, a little bloated, but energy is through the roof. Until this morning, when I woke up 5 minutes before I needed to leave for work!!

I have been cooking eggs every morning and nuking pre-cooked butternut squash with ghee. No time for that. Didn't want to eat fruit, figured that would make things worse. So I shoved a spoon in the almond butter, ate 3 spoons and ran for the door. Now it's 3 hours later and I'm feeling (surprisingly) not too bad. I think I might make it to lunch (which I fortunately had all packed and ready to go).

I know some people pre-boil eggs but I'm not a cold egg fan.

Anyway, any ideas on how you handle an unexpected time emergency in regards to meal planning would be welcome. Stuff comes up, you know? But regardless, I'm amazed that not even once did I think, "oh I'll just have something non-Whole30" I am in the mental zone. :)

I think eating leftovers from the night before would work. You could even bring two lunches (meal 2s) to work if you have to eat breakfast at work (meal 1). Maybe having an RX bar or primal packs in your bag or in your desk might help for those emergencies. I haven't tried them yet. I believe you can get 10% off RX bars with the coupon code Whole30. Good Luck

I'm not a cold egg person, either, so I put the egg in a cup of hot water to warm.

Leftovers, especially little containers of complete meals from my freezer, are great in a pinch.

Eggs also microwave so that could work at work if you have one.

In your exact situation, I think I would have opted for fat, too.

I keep little pouches of Artisana coconut cream in my desk at work for just such an occasion.  I don't like just eating coconut butter, so they are a great 'emergency only' option for me.  The same cannot be said for Lara bars, so I don't keep those around.

I've also been known to eat tuna from a pouch (Wild Planet are compliant) with just a fork in an emergency, too.

Archived