Day 22 Confused by Results, seeking advice

^2nd-ing what Melissa said. I ate WAY more protein than this, and still do, even when not exercising, and have never had headaches.

I'd guess a flu/dehydration issue (that's not enough water at all), along with the lack of protein and up and down glucose levels. This is best exemplified on this day:

coffee with coconut milk x 2

2 egg scrambled with red pepper, swiss chard and onion.

apple with almond butter

Hot Yoga 1 hour

(Ooops seem to have missed lunch that day.)

Green curry, coconut chicken with peppers, zucchini and buttercup squash

water...I know I drank at least 30 ounces.

The only real sources of glucose, protein and fat on this day are the apple, almond butter and chicken. The vegetables have a small amount of glucose, but if you DIDN'T have a headache on a day like this, I'd be shocked. Especially factoring in the hot yoga, coffee and very little water intake.

I would eat a lot more fat (coconut oil is the best choice, IMO, due to the MCTs providing more satiety and energy, due to the way it is processed in your body - http://jn.nutrition.org/content/132/3/329.full).

Follow the template and you should be okay. If you're taking away glucose as an easy source of energy (like on a Whole30) you have to replace it with fat, or you will start feeling like you did, unfortunately. Definitely take a visit to the doctor though. Did you mention your supplementation, since you are an herbalist?

Good luck and keep us updated.

Archived