Whole15 after a 30

Farback

I've got a few weeks before taking a weeks vacation, so I'm doing a Whole 15. The only thing I added back in was wine and snow peas, so I'm still 95% paleo, but even though I get lots of exercise my weight loss has stalled. 15 days should tell me if the wine's the roadblock.

Keep us posted. We went off road for three days following our whole30 and both of us felt lousy-we didn't do any "reintroduction" phase-just drove off the cliff and indulged in liquor (martinis), beer, potatoes, bread, cheese. Not huge amounts of any, but we did have all of them...felt bloated and tired and both of us put weight back on.

I'm interested to hear how your minor off-roading went.

Well, after 10 days I had a couple drinks of Irish Whiskey. Felt like crap the next moring, but still did an 18 mile bike ride. I've been eating 100% paleo for almost three months now. I've been running or biking every day, and I feel like I'm 20 years younger on fire calls. Down 21 pounds, fit and healthy. Living the dream.

Two days to go on the 15. Did a 5K run tonight, then spent a hour or so in the woods on a rescue call carrying out an injured young fellow. I was carrying the front of the rescue basket across from a paramedic half my age, and I had to keep asking if he was going to be OK with the carry. In right some good shape for an old firefighter. This paleo lifestyle has done wonders for me.

Kirk

Archived