An observation on food & my energy levels

I'm on week 3 on my Whole30 and am slowly noticing how different foods are affecting my body.  While I was bursting with energy on days 6-11, I noticed myself feeling exhausted mid-afternoon the next few days after that.  One likely culprit seems to be the timing of when I eat fruit.  I've replaced my breakfast & lunchtime serving with either sweet potato or squash.  If I want to have fruit, eating it with dinner seems to works best.  Fortunately my energy levels seem to have returned.  

I know it could be coincidence but I'm almost sure the lack of fruit during the day is making a difference to my energy levels given its immediate effect on blood sugar levels.  For anyone experiencing energy slumps during their W30, it might be worth playing around with your fruit intake timing :).  

I too have noticed that eating sweet potatoes or squash with meals really makes a big difference in how I feel. If I go a couple of days without, I feel exhausted. When I start eating them again, my energy returns to normal.

Archived