Day 17 and seeing the benefit

krr1112

Just wanted to brag a little that I am on Day 17 of my very first Whole 30 and have not given up! Its been hard with a crazy schedule and especially when your significant other is not participating and brings home yummy fresh baked cheese bread but I have perserved. I have Roscea and can see an improvement in my skin that medicines have not provided. I am sleeping better at night (still need to work on getting to bed earlier though). I am actually eating a real breakfast and not relying on snacking to get me through the day. I am not sure that I am actually eating enough though especially on workout days and long runs. How do you know? I probably have relied to much on fruit and Lara bars however when time between lunch and dinner is so far. Any advice out there from those of you who have done it before? I think I will continue on after my 30 days for the most part though I do miss cheese and wine. Thanks for any advice!

Are you eating your allowed pre workout meal (fat and protein) and post workout meal (lean protein and starchy vegetable)?

If you feel like you are getting hungry too early even with those additional meals you can go to the higher end of the template on your workout days.

Larabars should be emergency food only (or fuel on a long run if you really need them) and fruit should be limitied to 1-2 servings a day as part of or directly after a meal. 

If you need to eat between meals make it a mini meal that includes all the components of the template (and not the optional fruit).

Hope this helps and I'm glad you are seeing great results so far!

Thanks for the quick response Physibeth! I have only been eating 2 pieces of fruit per day but as snacks in between meals and not as part of the meal. I have not done the post workout meal so that is something that I need to change starting now. If I do that, then I won't need the Larabars (they were more for everyone else's saftey as I get grouchy when I am hungry).

Congrats to you!  I'm only on day 3 and I've been eating fruit as snacks as well (shame!)  I will have to go back and re-read the rules I guess.  ///cusses the sugar dragon

No shame! Just an adjustment to make. An adjustment that should help with slaying that pesky dragon.

Thanks for the quick response Physibeth! I have only been eating 2 pieces of fruit per day but as snacks in between meals and not as part of the meal. I have not done the post workout meal so that is something that I need to change starting now. If I do that, then I won't need the Larabars (they were more for everyone else's saftey as I get grouchy when I am hungry).

You should find that eating this way helps with the hangry. I used to get mega hangry. Now I can go at least a couple of hours past when I should have eaten without getting there. 

This is my 4th Whole30, and it does totally help with the hangry. I'll get hungry to the point of being a bit physically uncomfortable, but I don't get that panicky, lightheaded, shaky feeling that I do when I'm hungry and not eating this way.

Day 24!!!!!!!!! laying off the fruit and lara bars. Now i just need to focus on getting more sleep and prepping my meals ahead of time so I'm not up so late making dinner! And my bf is going to do the last week with me so I will actually be going 34 days instead of 30.

Archived