The Super Bowl

Guest Wheat on Trial

My husband and I are going to family friends house for the Super Bowl. Bringing: Bora Bora Fireballs with sunshine sauce for dipping (from Well Fed, the best cookbook ever), Baba Ganoush (also from Well Fed) and cut up bell peppers, carrots, celery, cucumber, and olives. Hopefully this well keep us "well fed" and able to stay compliant. I think we will also bring sparkling water, coconut water, or kombucha to eliminate the temptation of beer.

Have fun everyone!

It's just me and the hubby since I have no friends who either watch football or are Hawks fans around here.  I'm making baked buffalo wings with franks red hot sauce and ghee, deviled eggs, the chili from Nom Nom Paleo's cookbook and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. My husband loves them stuffed with cream cheese but I need to figure out what to stuff them with to make them compliant. Either guacamole or sausage I guess. 

I know it's too late but if you either stuff the jalapenos with dates or stuff dates with jalapenos slivers and then bacon wrap them, they are amazing.  I made a dipping sauce by simmering frozen raspberries in balsamic vinegar until it got syrupy and took those to a massively bread and cheese heavy party and the got eaten before we'd been there half an hour.  Which sucked because I couldn't eat the other food, so I recommend making them at home, alone. 

Archived