Accidental weigh-in

Today is day 5 for me and I was going through my normal morning routine and without thinking I jumped on the scale after my shower.  

First of all, I assume this isn't one of those "start over" offenses I've read about.  If it is, maybe it's not such a big deal, because I've actually enjoyed the program so far.  I'm already sleeping better and a lot of abdominal pain and cramping I was feeling has mostly disappeared.

Second, I was shocked that I had dropped 8.4 pounds since my pre-W30 weigh in.  8.4 pounds in 5 days?!?!?  Is that normal, and more importantly healthy?  To give some perspective I'm a 200 pound male.  Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Today is day 5 for me and I was going through my normal morning routine and without thinking I jumped on the scale after my shower.  

First of all, I assume this isn't one of those "start over" offenses I've read about.  If it is, maybe it's not such a big deal, because I've actually enjoyed the program so far.  I'm already sleeping better and a lot of abdominal pain and cramping I was feeling has mostly disappeared.

Second, I was shocked that I had dropped 8.4 pounds since my pre-W30 weigh in.  8.4 pounds in 5 days?!?!?  Is that normal, and more importantly healthy?  To give some perspective I'm a 200 pound male.  Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

The scale is not a grounds for a restart. But to avoid it for the rest of your W30 I suggest hiding it somewhere or getting it out of your home. 

How different is the W30 from how you were eating before? If your eating was really really bad it is not uncommon to lose this much this fast...it isn't fat it's water and inflammation. 

Do make sure you are eating enough though.

Thank you all for the instant feedback!  I did move the scale out of sight onto a shelf in my closet after this morning.

This diet is drastically different than what I was eating (and drinking) before.  I had the same thing for breakfast most days, a bacon, egg, and cheddar bagel sandwich with cream cheese and then for lunch I would typically do a burrito or burger from someplace near the office.  Dinner was usually pretty healthy because my wife cooks that way but it was also accompanied with 2-3 alcohol drinks and ice cream for dessert.

Here is my log for the last few days which has been pretty typical:

Wed

Breakfast - 2 eggs with mushrooms and onions sauted in clarified butter

Lunch - Organic salad greens with 2 boiled eggs, a whole tomato and whole avocado

Dinner - Steak, butternut squash and a handful of raw nuts

Thurs

Breakfast - Strawberries and raspberries with a few tablespoons of coconut milk and raw almonds

Lunch - Leftover steak over salad greens

Dinner - Curried chicken breast with mixed steamed veggies

My stomach feels unbelievably better right now.

I am glad you are feeling better and this drastic change is what caused the loss. 

That said you are not eating nearly enough. A serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand. I usually have 3-4 when they are my only protein source.

Your breakfast yesterday didn't fit the meal template at all (no protein or vegetables). Make sure every meal fits the template at least on the low end. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Oh and activity level...I'm currently training for a half marathon so running 3 days a week and cross train an additional 2 days.

Then you are definitely not eating enough. :D I did half marathon training during my W30 (I'm 5'4" and probably around 180 lbs female...not sure as I have not weighed myself recently) and ate a lot more. If you want to check out my log it's linked in my signature. 

Make sure you get pre and post workout meals as per the template.

Archived