Carla's Whole30 Log- Starting with Day 4

CpBatchelor

So here I am on Day 5 feeling good... Yeah very oddly good. I woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep. Made breakfast, prepped fish/seafood for the week, roasted sweet potatoes, and even started some laundry. So as I lay here on the couch catching up on my Hulu queue I decided to give the whole daily log thing a go. So here is yesterdays and meal 1 for today! :) (Day 1 thru 3 were compliant and had been posted on other pages in discussion of what I had been eating/feeling... Day 4 I did feel good... Surprising and scary! But good!) 

Day 4 (1/25)

Meal 1- Three slices of compliant bacon. Two eggs scrambled in the bacon fat. Sweet potato. Banana with compliant sunflower seed butter.

"Snack"- Orange Juice. I forgot it was off plan. However, the store was all out of oranges and I needed the vitamin c boost. It was fresh squeezed no additives. Def will not do any more juice, totally forgot but rying to beat the tail end of a cold.

Meal 2- 1/3 pound fresh Angus beef burger over a hug bed of kale and spinach with some celery, cauliflower, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avocado with tessame's compliant southwestern ranch dressing. YUMM. Had a few grapes as well, about a handful that were leftover in the fridge.

Meal 3- Shredded chicken with fresh tomatillo salsa. Spinach, sauted in ghee with cubed sweet potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, zucchini, and green peppers.

Day 5 (1/26) So far...

Meal 1- Three slices of compliant bacon. Two eggs and 1 egg white scrambled in a bit of the bacon fat with a handful of spinach, onion, green pepper, and broccoli. Sweet potato. Banana with almond butter.

Here is to a good day! :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you are feeling great! Your meals are looking mostly good. Just a couple of thoughts. I know you know that the orange juice is not compliant but also you shouldn't eat your fruit between meals. We also discourage eating egg whites...just eat 3 whole eggs. Especially if you had room for the banana and almond butter you could have eaten that 3rd egg yolk.

Glad you are feeling great! Your meals are looking mostly good. Just a couple of thoughts. I know you know that the orange juice is not compliant but also you shouldn't eat your fruit between meals. We also discourage eating egg whites...just eat 3 whole eggs. Especially if you had room for the banana and almond butter you could have eaten that 3rd egg yolk.

Thanks Physibeth. I will def remember no fruit between meals. I was able to pick up some oranges at the store today so that I can have one with dinner a few nights this week to keep good progress on kicking the cold I have been battling. I was finally able to find some compliant lavender camomile tea too, which I know will also help. I will also remember the egg whites next weekend when I am fixing breakfast. This week is a scramble that has whole eggs...

Remainder of Day 5

PreWork Out- small handful of almonds and a bit of some shredded roast beef.

Workout was from 11-11:50 today so I had Meal 2 around 12:30 once I go home. Was very hungry LOL

Meal 2- 1/3 pound angus burger that I had cooked up yesterday. Sweet potato with some ghee. 16oz of some homemade broccoli, arugula, and spinach soup. 

Meal 3- Made it to 5:30 before I realized that I was hungry hungry, which is good. No afternoon snack which was hard since I was doing more food prep for the week and I am generally a grazer. So for dinner I fixed up a plate of steamed fresh green beans and broccoli with some ghee on top with some 1 1/2 pulled beef and chicken with homemade tomatillo salsa and an orange.

Who would have thought that I would be excited about breakfast tomorrow... HAHAHAHA... Can't wait to try the paleo sausage and sweet potato scramble/casserole that I made today.. I did add 1 diced apple and 1 zucchini into the mix to help give it more texture since I will be eating it for the next few days... 

Now it is time for the Grammy's and some hot tea and BED... :)

Day 6

PreWo- handful of almonds. All I could stomach at 5:30am before a 45 min Hot Yoga class.

Meal 1- 1/5 breakfast scramble/casserole (Recipe here, added in 1 zucchini, 1 gala apple, and an extra handful of spinach into the mix) Banana with almond butter. 24oz tervis tumbler of homemade iced coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon since it was darker than normal with a bit compliant coconut milk. Still trying to get used to the coconut milk…

Meetings straight from 11:30a-2p today forced an early lunch at 11:15am. I wasn't super hungry but knew that I would not make it to 2pm and function properly…. I can normally swing eating lunch in meetings but this was a video conference meeting and the cameras focus on the sound so we are asked not to eat in these meetings to avoid the cameras focusing on the person making all the noise with their lunch. LOL Oh well…

Meal 2- Palm sized steak with two handfuls of fresh spinach, 10 cherry tomatoes, 2 cut up carrots, 1/4 cucumber, 2 stalks of celery, and a small handful of cauliflower with 1.5 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon compliant balsamic vinegar. Tomorrow I will add more veggies as I was hungry this afternoon but not like "eat steamed fish..." hungry... But did resist the urge to snack/graze since I was no really hungry.

Meal 3- Ate on the way to my 5:30pm hair appointment. Layered up in a container 5oz of shredded chicken with homemade tomatillo salsa, baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli and cauliflower that had some melted ghee on it while it was hot and an orange.

Had some black tea in the morning after the coffee and some peppermint tea after the meetings… to relax after a not so smooth Monday… HAHAHAHAAH

I was bit hungry but battling a headache when I got home from my hair appointment, mostly because my own the go meal 3 was not as satisfying as I thought it would be, but I did not have anything else on me… So I had a few nuts with my ginger kombucha.. The compliant ginger kombucha and a hot shower helped the headache, which is good. I am looking forward to drinking my natural calm (natural flavor) here shortly and going to bed after throwing my hot yoga clothes in the dryer…

Overall, Day 6 def came in like a wrecking ball but that is ok, it was expected since I had not been feeling much of the other daily symptoms. I resisted the girl scout cookies that were open by my desk. I have decided not to get up for the 6:15am hot yoga class tomorrow and sleep in a bit. I have an HOA meeting that if the snow they are calling for happens, should be cancelled, so that way I can rest up. I may do an online yoga video if I am feeling up to it. My goal was 3 classes this week and am 1/3 of the way there! :) I do not want to overdo it too much since I am no longer really feeling the effects of the nasty cold I had, outside the cough, but it too is getting better! :)

Day 7 is in the books! Woowhoo!!

Today was a better day energy wise compared to yesterday... I slept in a bit (5:30am) and ate within an hr and 15 minutes of getting up... Still not hungry first thing but working on it... Snow was the buzz word of the day and it is currently coming down slow and steady outside.

Meal 1- 6:15am- 1/5 of the breakfast scramble again today... It did not taste as good cold today as yesterday... Also had a banana with almond butter and some coffee with coconut milk. I did stop at starbucks to get my mom her fave (she has surgery thursday and with the snow I wont see her again until after) I had a red eye and used some of the coconut milk that was left in my coffee mug to help cut the bite... 

Meal 2- 11:45pm- Palm sized steak with two handfuls of fresh spinach, 10 cherry tomatoes, 2 cut up carrots, 1/4 cucumber, 2 stalks of celery, and a small handful of cauliflower. Also had 16oz of the broccoli arugla soup.

Snack/Pre WorkOut- So I was hungry around 4:15 this afternoon so I had a hard boiled egg and a stalk of celery. I worked out at 5:30pm so this was earlier than it should have been pre work out meal wise but it held me through an hour hot yoga class. I was not sure if the snow would hold off till class but it did. Came out of class with a very light dusting on my car. 

Post Workout/Meal 3- 7pm- large sweet potato with about 2 palms of shredded chicken with homemade tomatillo salsa with the rest of the dinner plate full of steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Also had an orange for my vitamin c boost for the day.

Now time to sip my ginger kombucha and curl up on the couch... Looking forward to working from home tomorrow, which means I can sleep in till 7.. I suspect I will be up around 6, but it will be nice to have a lazy morning in the middle of the week where I can choose to make hot meals rather than rely on the work microwave and fridge.... 

I LIKE HOW DILIGENT YOU ARE IN YOUR REPOTING PROCESS.

I STUMBLE A BIT HERE AS I FEEL TOO BUSY TO TAKE THE TIME

BUT I CAN SEE THE EFFECT IT HAS IN HELPING YOU LOOK AT

WHATS WORKING AND WHATS NOT.

THANKS FOR ROLE MODELING A BEHAVIOR I NEED TO PERFECT.

I LIKE HOW DILIGENT YOU ARE IN YOUR REPOTING PROCESS.

I STUMBLE A BIT HERE AS I FEEL TOO BUSY TO TAKE THE TIME

BUT I CAN SEE THE EFFECT IT HAS IN HELPING YOU LOOK AT

WHATS WORKING AND WHATS NOT.

THANKS FOR ROLE MODELING A BEHAVIOR I NEED TO PERFECT.

Thanks JB!

I work on my laptop all day so whenever I eat I open up Microsoft One Note and jot down what I have in front of me... I used myfitnesspal to document each meal for calories, etc for almost a year. I have been good and not logged into the app since starting my Whole30 but am used to using my phone to document each meal... So the transition has been a bit hard, but it def has helped me realize the effects some foods have and where I can improve and in a way has been freeing moving away from the myfitnesspal app to just an open page where I can jot down what I ate and how I felt! :) 

Day 8... What a day!! Woke up this morning with around 2 inches of white powdery snow on the ground at 4am! I had planned to sleep in this morning since I was going to work from home. 4am was not the planned wake up time. However I woke up wide awake ready to start the day. Mad because I was awake but energized. My sleep app shows that I tossed and turned alot last night, but I did get about 6.5 hrs of sleep. 

Meal 1- 5am-  1 piece of bacon, three stalks of kale sautéed in the bacon fat, with 1/5 of the breakfast scramble.

I went outside and cleaned off my car and the sidewalk and bridge in front of my building, worked up more of a sweat than I had anticipated for sure. So naturally I was hungry shortly after and knew I could not wait until 12 since it was around 10am. So I had a snack of hard boiled egg, small banana with a tablespoon almond butter, carrot. Ate more than I think I should have but it held me over until I ate Meal 2, which was around 12:30 due to a conference call.

Meal 2- 12:30pm- Salad from the pre-made mason jar like the past two days with kale, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, and olive oil and vinegar. Had about a palm and a half of shredded chicken on top. Also had some spicy veggie soup to warm me up. 

Meal 3- 6:30pm- Mahi Mahi filet that I baked in the oven with EVOO, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice. Sauted a whole zucchini with some onion, half green pepper, 1/3 of sweet potato that was in the fridge, two stalks of kale, and a few asparagus stalks with crumbled bacon from this morning in some coconut oil. I also steamed some broccoli. Also had an orange after finishing my meal. 

Meal 3 was later than expected thanks to an unexpected nap from 5-6 tonight. Sat down on the couch after calling it a day from work and fell asleep. I made myself cook dinner even though I wanted to dive into a bowl of granola with almond milk.. Which I have none in the house, but it was my usual go to for when I did not want to cook but was hungry... Proud of myself for cooking dinner even if i was not feeling up to it after waking up from the nap..

Also learned today that once veggies are frozen they do not unthaw well in the fridge. I moved two containers of cauliflower and broccoli from the freezer to the fridge so that I could have them raw tomorrow with lunch. Yeah, BAD IDEA. Nasty was the best word to describe the cauliflower when I cooked it tonight for dinner, so I went with broccoli.

I feel I should drink some kombucha tonight to get the good bacteria in my body but I am still full from dinner... So we will see..

Overall Day 8 did not really go as planned... But I made it though.. My snack was larger than it should have been but it happened... Hopefully I can get atleast 7 hrs of sleep tonight, as that is always my goal whole30 or not, 7 or more hours of sleep... 

Another day in the books!! Wooowhoo Day 9 down! I worked from home today so was able to do some more cooking today than normal, which was nice but I am having to run the dish washer again, UGH. It seems like a daily things these days LOL.. 

Meal 1- 6:15am Three stalks of kale sautéed in coconut oil,1/5 of the breakfast scramble, and banana with almond butter. Also had coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2- 11:30am- Kale, Kale, Kale (lots of kale) some raw some sautéed with coconut oil, garlic, sliced cherry tomatoes, and green peppers. Three carrots, two stalks of celery, some more cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cucumber, and some avocado. Topped with about 2 palms of shredded chicken with the tomatillo salsa and tessames southwestern ranch dressing. Also had some coffee from Starbucks, blonde roast. Had to get out of the house cabin fever was setting in bad.

Meal 3 6:30pm- Later than expected as it took me longer to make the Clothes Make The Girl Sheppard's Pie than I expected. I made it by the recipe but substituted the lamb for ground turkey since it is what I had on hand. I added 1 zucchini, 1 squash, 1/5 cups of green beans, 5 handfuls of chopped butternut squash, 1/2 green pepper. I took a precooked sweet potato and smashed it into the bottom of the bowl and then put the pie on top. I also had an orange.

I did have 5 almonds and my daily kombucha while waiting on dinner since I was starving… I need to work on time management when cooking an entire meal. As there are days like today when I do not want leftovers but want a warm hearty meal, hence the Sheppard's Pie. Plus I have leftovers which is good since I was running low on premade compliant meals. 

I was going to make the chocolate chili tomorrow in the crockpot, too bad I forgot to get meat at the store... I may run by the store tomorrow after my Dr's appointment, it all just depends on the time since I am running to the Dr between meetings. We shall see.

Meal 1- 6:50am 1/5 of the breakfast scramble, and banana with almond butter. Also had coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2- 10:45am- Had to eat early today since I needed to leave the house around 11:20 for an 11:45 Dr's appointment that I was not sure how long it would take. Lunch today was leftover Sheppard's Pie from last night with some Kale sautéed in coconut oil.

Snack 3pm- Hard boiled egg and two stalks of celery. Suspected I would be hungry since I had lunch so early and was unable to eat the soup I had planned on since I was running late for my appointment.

Pre-Work Out- 5:00pm- Should have been some almonds but those got left on the counter with my heart rate monitor… UGH..

5:45-6:45- Hour long hot vinyasa flow yoga class (ahhhh felt great, perfect way to end the week)

Meal 3/Post-Work Out- 7:15pm- 4 almonds, 1 1/2 palm sized amount of shredded chicken with tomatillo salsa and a good sized sweet potato with the skin, two handfuls of steamed broccoli and two long carrots. Naturally around 60oz of water as well with the whole 30 compliant electrolyte stuff that starts with an e in which I cannot remember the name… LOL

Had some cravings today thanks for a friend posting pictures from my trip to San Francisco before my Whole30.. Was craving some cinnamon raisin toast with honey and butter and some granola with yogurt from the Mill.. Good thing it is 3,000 miles away.. HAHAHA… I was able to get some stuff done around the house today since I worked from home again. Sweet potatoes are roasted for the trip tomorrow. Laundry is done. Even got the stuff that I need to take to goodwill in a bag in the car and listed out.

Now it is time to continue to lay here all cozy on the couch and watch some TV before calling it a day.. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, visiting my mom who had surgery Thursday, then heading to a funeral 1.5 hrs from here for a friend's mother who passed. Will be taking compliant foods with me since I will be traveling at lunch time with others.  Thinking about stopping by Trader Joes and/or Costco on the way back to get some grocery shopping out of the way at these stores for next week since Sunday is going to be both cooking and grocery day this week. 

Day 11! 

Meal 1 @ 8am- Leftover sheppard's pie with sauteed kale. Coffee and coconut milk.

Stopped by my parents house around 10am to visit mom post surgery. Had some more coffee. Black coffee. Dad tried to put milk in it but had to stop him. Went with the "Milk has been upsetting my stomach lately" response so that we did not have to go into the Whole30 while I was there. As I know he would think I had lost my mind.

Meal 2 @ 2pm- Five guys burger, no bun. Lettuce and tomato. 1/2 of pickle that managed to make it into my bowl before I realized it. A sip of unsweetened tea, swallowed a little before realizing and stopping and excusing myself to spit it out. 2 carrots and 2 stalks of celery in the restaurant. Banana with a few almonds in the car before getting back on the highway. Thinking about adding another day to my whole30 because of this... 

Snack @ 4pm- I was hungry and had a headache. Had apple cinnamon RX bar.

Meal 3 @ 6:45- exhausted after 4 hrs in the car, a memorial service for a friends mother, and a stop at whole foods (needed complaint bacon and kombucha) and earth fare (compliant Andouille sausage).

Shredded chicken, sweet potato, steamed broccoli & cauliflower and an orange.

Drinking my komucha now… Time to call it a day and get rid of this headache and call it a night. Hot Yoga is much needed in the morning, along with grocery shopping for lots of veggies… As well as a trip to by a food processor. I need to make mayo and BBQ sauce since I cannot seem to find complaint versions out there… 

Meal 1 @ 6:15am - two pieces of bacon, two eggs scrambled with  onion 1/2 green pepper. Two handfuls of sauteed kale.

PreWorkout @ 8:30am- Handful of almonds.

Hatha Hot Yoga Class 8:45am-9:30am

PostWorkout @ 9:45 handful of shredded chicken. Should have eaten more.

Did some grocery shopping after yoga, ugh another $110 trip… Not to mention the $30 at Trader Joes before hot yoga… Gotta get to the one near the house when the open, otherwise it is a madhouse!

Was hungry when I got home at 10:45. Had 1/2 sweet potato and 1 date. I wanted to try the fancy dates that I spend 5 bucks on to make some sauces this week. It was alright LOL… compliant… Not sure I had ever eaten a date before

Lunch @ 12:30- two pieces of compliant Andouille chicken sausage cooked up in coconut oil with green and red bell peppers, onions, a cup of spinach, a cup and some change of kale and some butternut squash. Also had a banana with some almond butter.

Dinner @ 5:30pm- Well Fed Chili with 1/2 sweet potato and about two cups of steamed squash… Had a few walnuts before dinner while prepping my salads for the week.

Exhausted this evening.. Food prep went well.. Cooked the chili, 6 turkey spinach zuchinni ranch burgers, prepped 2 heads of brocolli, 1 head of cauliflower, two bunches of celery, two packages of carrots, made Well  Fed BBQ sauce, Well Fed Mayo, roasted a diced butternut squash, two sweet potatoes worth of sweet potato wedges,  baked 2.5 pounds of chicken, made 4 salad jars for the week with spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, crushed walnuts and some tessames dressing for the week.. As well as prepped the other stuff like nut butters for the week.. Whew… I still have a found of ground beef and ground turkey to cook up and do something with… I am going to use the turkey for something breakfast related… Not sure what… Will figure that out tomorrow… 

Exhausted this evening.. Food prep went well.. Cooked the chili, 6 turkey spinach zuchinni ranch burgers, prepped 2 heads of brocolli, 1 head of cauliflower, two bunches of celery, two packages of carrots, made Well  Fed BBQ sauce, Well Fed Mayo, roasted a diced butternut squash, two sweet potatoes worth of sweet potato wedges,  baked 2.5 pounds of chicken, made 4 salad jars for the week with spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, crushed walnuts and some tessames dressing for the week.. As well as prepped the other stuff like nut butters for the week.. Whew… I still have a found of ground beef and ground turkey to cook up and do something with… I am going to use the turkey for something breakfast related… Not sure what… Will figure that out tomorrow… 

I'm gonna need you to bring all that over to my house :-) Sounds like a whole day's worth of food prep! It's funny how it feels like we're always cooking yet always running out of food, isn't it?

I'm gonna need you to bring all that over to my house :-) Sounds like a whole day's worth of food prep! It's funny how it feels like we're always cooking yet always running out of food, isn't it?

LOL.. Yes it def was a whole day on and off worth of food prep! Hoping it will get me though this week and then stock the freezer with some frozen goodies. However, I suspect I will have to pick up some veggies before the end of the week LOL so yes it def always feels that I am cooking but running out of food. It is crazy! Worth it, but such an odd feeling to always feel like that! :) 

Meal 1 @ 6am- Two pieces of bacon, three eggs scrambled with some of the butternut squash squares and sweet potato wedges I cooked up yesterday. Also had some kale sautéed in the bacon fat with a few cherry tomatoes. Had a big 32 oz glass of water with Meal 1 and then some coffee with coconut milk. I am starting to like the coconut milk a lot.. May keep that up after whole30 and use almond milk (my old go to) as a "treat".

Meal 2 @ 11:30am- Spinach & Zucchini turkey burger with my "salad jar" which consisted of tessames southwestern ranch dress, two diced carrots, 1/4 cucumber, 10 cherry tomatoes and two handfuls of spinach. Also had 3 stalks of celery and another whole carrot as well as a banana with almond butter.

Thought I ate enough at lunch… wrong… was hungry at 3pm…

Snack- Hardboiled egg and 1/2 Blueberry Rx bar (it was in my desk, better choice than the vending machine)

Meal 3 @ 6pm- 1/4 of the Well Fed chili with two cups of yellow squash. Also sprinkled some chopped butternut squash and a few sweet potato wedges on top. Also had an orange and a few almonds and I was packing them up for pre-work out snack tomorrow.

Got my 5 liters of water in today… As well as Kombucha and just finished my Natural Calm. Now time to watch How I Met Your Mother and call it a day.

Food is prepped for proper "post workout" meal to be consumed within 30 min of 6:15-7am workout. Lets see how it goes with 4oz baked chicken and a sweet potato. 

Meal 1 @ 6am So yeah morning workout did not happen… Realized that I have an 8am meeting with executives and would be pushing it with my commute into the office and being in the meeting early. I had about 4oz ground beef, 1/2 green pepper sauteed in coconut oil, about 1/4 cup of sauteed spinach, about a 1/2 up of sweet potato wedges, with about 1/4 cup butternut squash topped 1 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Also had some coffee with coconut milk and banana with almond butter.

Meal 2 @ 12p Work luncheon 1/2 RX bar in the car since I was so hungry. So I brought my celery and carrot sticks. I ate those while others ate their appetizers. At lunch I had a piece of plain no oil no butter grilled salmon with iceberg lettuce and tomatoes. Used plain EVOO and fresh lemon as dressing. Woowhoo.. No headache post eating out… :)

Pre-Workout- some almonds mixed with a few macadamia nuts and crushed pecans.

5:45-6:45- Hot Yoga Class

Post-Workout/ Meal 3 @ 715pm 4 oz baked chicken with 3/4 sweet potato and 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli and cauliflower, some veggie soup and three black cherries.

Overall it was not a bad day, made it through the luncheon… Watched people eat pizza, fried shrimp, and brownies… Remained strong… :) Proud of myself!

Now for some more water and some kombucha…. Then calling it an early night… would like to get atleast 8 hrs in sleep…

Struggled to get out of bed this morning… Tired today and some soreness in my calfs from yoga last night.. Not good.. Sleep App says I got about 7.8 hrs of sleep. Less than the 8 I wanted but I will take it… I am going to take today as a rest day from yoga… Will hit up the 6am class tomorrow…

Meal 1 @ 6am- 4oz baked chicken, about 1 sweet potato (sliced them up and roasted them the other day so it wasn't "whole"), about 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli and cauliflower, banana with almond butter. Also had some coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2 @ 11am - Palm sized piece of baked chicken with 1/4 of sweet potato (sliced again) and 1/4 of sautéed green pepper over my "salad jar" salad.

Snack @ 3:30- 1/2 RX bar and 2 carrots, 3 stalks celery, and a bit of cauliflower. Hot peppermint tea (compliant).

Meal 3 @ 6pm- 4oz of ground beef with a few walnuts and about 3 cups (per the line in the steamer) of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and yellow squash topped with some ghee. I also had the last few sweet potato wedges (needed to put the container in the dishwasher, lol getting low on containers) and an apple. Tried some of the sunflower seed butter, yeah not so much a fan.

Since I was feeling sore in my calfs today I had some sweet potato at each meal… I am not longer sore, so maybe it was just stiffness… Not sure, but will be working out at 6:15am tomorrow morning since I took today "off"…

Finished my kombucha a few minutes ago… Now time to prep for work tomorrow and take care a few things around the house and call it a day… Gonna try again for 8 hrs tonight, will be drinking some natural calm to help. 

Pre Workout Meal @ 5:30am - 15 almonds

6:15a-7am- Hot Pilates class

Post Workout Meal @ 7:30am- 4 oz. baked chicken with 1 sweet potato with a liter of water.

Coffee with coconut milk was consumed around 8am.

Meal 1 @ 9:45am- was hungry but not hungry hungry but had the "fog" that I get when I have not eaten.. So I ate..  3oz (or so, not sure really it was leftovers) ground beef with three asparagus stalks and cold steamed broccoli and cauliflower that had some ghee on it from when it was hot. Also had banana and almond butter with a liter of water. Felt like I could take on the world after eating… Energy levels perked up and fog cleared within 20 min…

Morning Tea: Black Tea @10am

Meal 2 @1pm - Spinach zucchini turkey burger with my  "salad jar" salad which consisted of tessames dressing on the bottom, then two and a half carrots chopped, 1/4 cucumber, 10+ cherry tomatoes, some crushed pecans, and 2+ handfuls of spinach (just stuff it in till I can't fit any more so it could very well be like 4 handfuls LOL). As well as some stalks of celery and carrots that I eat on the side to get the rest of the salad dressing. I really like the Tessames dressing :)

Snack 1/2 @ 4pm- 1/2 RX bar and compliant peppermint tea.

Meal 3 @ 6pm- Compliant carnitas salad with quac and tomato salsa

Not sure I am liking the morning workouts… Was foggy after consuming post workout meal and hungry what felt like all day. However, I did get a lot of accomplished today.. Which helps, had a lot of energy this afternoon. Tomorrow is a work from home day, should be easy to cook up big hearty meals with no snacking.. :) No working out tomorrow.. Saving Workout #3 this week for a cardio hot yoga class Saturday am before running errands and cooking up foods for the week since Sunday my boyfriend is finally back in town for the day. :) 

Day 17!! :) 

Meal 1 @ 5am- 2 pieces of bacon with about a palm sized amount of baked chicken. Also had some sautéed spinach, green peppers, and tomatoes with some steamed butternut squash, broccoli, and cauliflower. Banana with almond butter.

Not super thrilled about eating at 5am since that means lunch will be around 10am… However, woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep… Oh well…

Meal 2 @10:30- Morning meeting ran over and stomach was talking to me saying "Feed Me"… I had a palm and a half of sliced baked chicken with a piece of crumbled bacon (leftover from the batch this morning) with the remaining sautéed spinach, green peppers, and tomatoes from this morning. With my "salad jar" salad that had spinach, two carrots diced, 1/4 cucumber, 10+ cherry tomatoes with some crushed pecans (added a few more today) with tessamaes dressing.

Snack @ 2pm- 1/2 palm of chicken with three to four whole carrots and stalks of celery. Also tried the sunflower butter again. Yeah so its not good on an apple, but I liked it on the carrot more than the apple the other day or the celery. Interesting. I had about a tablespoon of it to give it another try.

Dinner @ 5:30pm- Some leftover frozen well fed chili with 2 cups squash and about 1/2 cup of butternut squash with 1/4 avocado and an orange.

Kombucha is in for the day.. Now time to unwind and call it day… 

Day 18 DONE!

Pre- Workout @ 7:20am- piece of bacon (cooked up yesterday) and a half handful of almonds

Hot Cardio Flow Yoga 7:45am-8:30am

Post Workout @ 8:45am- whole sweet potato and about 2 cups shredded chicken

Errand Time- Had venti Starbucks blonde roast with a shot added coconut milk I brought from the house

Three grocery stores later (Aldi, Harris Teeter, and Kroger)

Meal 1 @ 11:15- Leftover Well Fed Sheppards Pie from last week that had extra extra veggies, with the last piece of bacon, 1 celery stalk, 2 carrots and some sunflower seed butter (so odd to me that carrots taste so great with it) and about 1/2 cup of watermelon.

Meal 2/snack @ 2:45pm- 1/4 cup ground turkey, 4 stalks of celery, banana and 12 macadamia nuts

Was in the kitchen since Meal 1 cooking and prepping food for the week. Was on a roll so I went for some easy items…

Meal 3 @ 5:30pm- Well Fed 2 shrimp scampi with zuchini noodles a big handful of spinach some winter veggie soup and an orange.

What a day… Totally missed a full meal 2 because of food prep… I cooked up a crockpot full of salsa chicken and beef, made my breakfast casserole for the week (ground turkey, apple, pecan, sweet potato, kale, and zucchini), cooked up 5 chicken sweet potato kale burger & 4 beef ranch burgers… As well as prepped three heads of broccoli, a bag of carrots, and two heads of cauliflower.  Tomorrow I will make my salad jars for lunch for the week and prep the celery and bake some chicken and sweet potatoes for post work out meals… 

Meal 1 @ 5:15am-  Another morning of waking up at 4am… laid in bed till 4:30am… Got up and threw my chicken breasts in the oven and started my hard boiled eggs for the week…

4oz or so of salsa chicken from crockpot cooking yesterday served with two handfuls of sautéed spinach and a whole zucchini. Also had about a 1/4 cup of remnants  of the breakfast casserole that I made yesterday for the week… Coffee with coconut milk and a banana

Snack @ 9:45am- Meet the wonderful boyfriend for coffee and breakfast… I had more coffee with coconut milk (yep proudly carried it into Starbucks) and then a three egg omelet with peppers and onions. I called the restaurant yesterday and confirmed that they only put eggs in their omelets (three eggs) and that it is traditionally cooked in butter but that they could cook it in EVOO for me. So I went in with a plan and it worked out well. It was served with toast and home fries, I asked for those not to come out but they did anyway. So I stared at them on my plate but did not touch them. It was hard but I am proud of myself. Boyfriend ate some of the home fries LOL…

Meal 2 @ 12:30 compliant starkist tuna with homemade mayo and three compliant dill pickles. Mixed with a handful of spinach, some sweet potatoes, three carrots, and 5 stalks of celery. Was really good, crazy.

Meal 3 @ 5:15pm- two compliant Andouille chicken sausages cooked in the oven with a green bell pepper, sweet potato, asparagus, and cauliflower… Love the "steam meals" where I throw it all in some foil and cook it up at 400 for 40 min… Topped it off with some liquid gold I made today… Avocado tomatillo sauce.. DELICIOUS! Totally hit the spicy spot that I was needing to satisfy... The liquid gold will be good over eggs... :) 

Going to make a run to the store now for some Kombucha for the week… Looking at possibly a foot of snow here in Durham, NC! I have plenty of veggies and meat… But need the Kombucha since I doubt I will be able to get out of the hilly easily frozen over roads after Monday night… Thankfully it is looking like it will be in the 50s Friday… Just gotta get to Friday HAHHAHAHA

I did the same thing and got so many looks! It wasn't the staff who seemed to mind, it was the other customers!

I agree with Physibeth! LOL... 

The Starbucks that I went is one of my favorites because of people watching since it is such a diverse crowd... You get the mix of homeless people who come in to get warm/read the paper, hungover college students, hardcore studying college students, very granola "hippy" folks, and then the more yuppie folks... So I am sure that most of them did not realize that I had it in my hand... Or thought it was almond milk since we only have a few coffee shops around here that offer it on the menu.. I know that I would def get looks if I tried it at some of the more upscale Starbucks... LOL... 

It was very liberating to be able to carry it in and use it though.. Generally I will just go through the drive thru and add it into my coffee in the car... But my boyfriend and I wanted to "people watch" and catch up for a bit today rather than do just a quick stop...

Archived