Is this... Tiger Blood?

CrunchyLutheranMommy

So I don't have crazy over-the-moon energy levels.  That might have something to do with the fact that my two children wake me up about four times every night.   ;)

BUT I realized a few things today... it's not as BOOM!! In your face!  As I thought it was going to be but I think I might have finally reached Tiger Blood on Day 18.  Here is my evidence...

I was feeling happy all day... and as a pastor's wife, Sundays are not exactly the most stress free day in the world.  But I felt pretty good.

I tried on a sweater that I haven't been able to wear in four years, since before I was pregnant with our first child.  It fits!  I was going to throw it out because I thought there was no way it would ever fit again.  So glad I didn't!

I just look and feel more awesome than I have in a long time.  I am finally at a point (never thought it would happen) where I don't even care what the scale says when I'm finished!

My children ate rolos in front of me today and I didn't drool.

DH and I talked about quitting Whole30 early, I considered that it might be a good idea for some of our family circumstances... then I realized I had absolutely no desire to eat off plan.

I told DH that he could cheat for the Super Bowl and I would just eat Whole30 food.  I am totally ok with him not finishing.  I am not depending on outside support anymore, I am just doing this because I can and I want to!

I tried to daydream about eating delicious foods that I used to constantly crave and... none of them tasted yummy in my head.  I did not want any of them, and even the few indulgences that I decided would still be delicious had absolutely no pull on me.  I just felt like I would enjoy them one day but I was in no hurry to have them again and was content with that.

It all happened so suddenly that it feels not real.  I was having cravings last night and I woke up this morning feeling this way.  Is this Tiger Blood?  I hope it's not just a high from being able to wear my favorite sweater again... I really hope I wake up and feel this way tomorrow!  :D

If you are at a point that you want to do it, then go for it!

I really can't remember where I heard it, but I heard this line that I keep thinking about. Many people say things like, "Oh, you can't eat ______, right?" However, it is not that I can't eat it, since I can eat anything I want. I CHOOSE not to eat _____.

So, if you are actively choosing to continue, you are in a good place. Keep it going, and evaluate things more and more as you approach day 30.

• 2 weeks later...

From my day 14 journal . . .

My emergy and mood are much more even, although insomnia has not yet abated. I feel more positive. I am . . .happy! Yes, happiness is becoming a companion. My communication with (my children and boyfriend) is gaining clarity. I can connect again.

I think what you are experiencing *is* real.

Archived