Sweet potatoes

Hi folks,

Do sweet potatoes, by themselves within a meal, count as the vegetable? I realize they are starchy, so I try to only have half a sweet potato, once a day, if that. But sometimes I like a good hash. Do I need another vege to fill my plate, or do the sweet potatoes alone fill that requirement?

Thanks!

Green! You need something green.

Even with a fried breakfast I'll have spinach - don't really like it and I'd much rather have it in a smoothie (shhh!) so I can't taste it, but for the sake of having something green, I eat it. We do end up with some rather interesting food combinations but always go for something green, ideally fresh and green with any meal. Your body will love you for it, and your taste buds will get on board at some point! ;)

Guest Wheat on Trial

Can I just say sweet potatoes have become my new favorite food since starting the Whole 30?

Before, it was chocolate chip cookies.

Now - I could eat a sweet potato every day for the rest of my life. Only on days I work out, of course.

Also - butternut squash is like candy. And who needs sugary lattes when you've got honeybush tea?

Can I just say sweet potatoes have become my new favorite food since starting the Whole 30?

Before, it was chocolate chip cookies.

Now - I could eat a sweet potato every day for the rest of my life. Only on days I work out, of course.

Also - butternut squash is like candy. And who needs sugary lattes when you've got honeybush tea?

Why limit to the days you work out? Enjoy a sweet potato every day if you like. It won't hurt you. :)

Archived