Tiger Blood?

Hello All!

I have a question about this supposive Tiger-Blood that we are supposed to feel?

I am on day 21, and while I have lost 10lbs, I am worn out, and still struggling to wake up every morning. I hit snooze a few times!

I have made significant changes to my diet by eating more vegetables, but otherwise I have always eaten relatively healthy.

My activity over the last month has decreased because I am studying for my boards. I am wondering if the decrease in activity is enough to dampen the effects of whole 30?

My first question is how you know you lost 10 lbs? No scales for the W30 unless a doctor weighs you.

Next question is can you post a few days of your food log so we can give you feedback. My gut reaction is that you are not eating enough starchy vegetables, not eating enough fat, and/or not eating enough in general.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the no scale thing... whoops!

breakfast:  usually 2-3 eggs with veggies in coconut oil

lunch: Spahetti squash with a whole 30 approved sauce and veggies, and 4-5oz meat (generally beef or bison)

Snack: I know not usually needed, but I work 3-11 and dont eat dinner until around 8:30. Mixed nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds) and coconut flakes

Dinner: 4-5oz meat (again generally beef or bison- occasionally chicken), veggie (usually broccoli, cabbage, spinach, kale or other greens) or a soup/stew/ chocolate chili from WellFed

As far as sleep goes: I get home around 12:14a and fall asleep around 12:45. I wake up between 9 and 10 (and briefly at 7 to let the dog outside)

Thanks for all the help everyone :)

What time do you eat your 1st and 2nd meals? Let's say you get up at 9am you should be having meal 1 by 10am, Meal 2 around 3-4pm and meal 3 8-9pm and you shouldn't need a snack with that timing. If you do need a snack it should be a mini meal with protein and fat (your snack is all fat).

What would you estimate your serving of veggies is?

I would try adding another egg to your first meal and an added fat not just cooking oil and I would try having a sweet potato or other starchy vegetable every day maybe with your first meal instead of your last.

It is important for your hormones to eat within an hour of waking. This could totally be why you are not getting the energy you desire. Creating morning hunger takes work if you have never been a morning eater. You are sleeping like 9 or 10 hours which is a long break from eating so you need to tell your body that you are up and it is time to stop conserving energy and start burning fuel again.

What I would recommend is making your template meal and eat as much of it as you can within an hour of waking up and then save the rest for a mini meal later. You will see the difference. 

Archived