Upset stomach already on Day 2?!

Will S

Hello,

Just started Whole30 yesterday and already today I had an upset stomach and explosive diarrhea. I barely made it to the bathroom on the 8th floor (work on the 7th floor and our receptionist is cute so had to go up to 8 :)) .Any ideas as to why this happened? I'm in great physical shape, so maybe I just ate something I should not have? You have to be a genious to figure out what is and is not allowed on this Whole30 diet.  

I think I've been following the rules perfectly, so maybe my body is revolting? Not really sure. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I just started and don't want to give up already. I know I can do this!

Will S.

Day 1: Breakfast - scrambled eggs; snack - apple; lunch - salad with avocado and tomato, olive oil for dressing; dinner - grilled steak and pork chops and roasted bell pepper

Day 2: Breakfast - scrambled eggs; snack - apple; lunch - salad with chicken, avocado and tomato with Tessamee's rasberry vinagrette dressing; snack, handful of pistachios; dinner - roasted cauliflower and grilled chicken

I did take some vicodin on both days as well, so it's possible that messed up my stomach and not the diet. Is vicodin Whole30 compliant?

Before Whole30, I ate an average diet, some bad stuff and some good stuff and a good mix of meat, vegetables and grains.

First off, you're not eating enough at breakfast. Every meal should meet the meal template of  1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and appropriate amount of compliant fat.

Fruit should be reserved for only with or immediately after meals, not as a snack. If you are geniunely hungry between meals, have a mini-meal that includes a protein and fat.

Raw vegetables could have caused digestive issues. Maybe try switching to all cooked vegetables instead?

I don't know if the Vicodin could have caused the problem: I'd let your doctor know about your diarrhea in case Vicodin is the cause of your gut upset.

Doctor prescriptions trump Whole30.

Archived