Any other Australians?

LauraJS

Hi

I have just signed up today and will officially start my Whole30 challenge this Saturday 1st February (Australian time!)

I will only use this website/forum to stay connected as I am currently also about to start a social media 'detox'!  No twitter, facebook or instagram until March 1st.

Seems like February will be a great cleanse month for me!!

Are there any other Aussies here?

Cant wait to try new recipes and push myself to new limits!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, 

I started today and it all went really well. I didn't crave anything and ate really well although I left too big a gap between Meal 1 and Meal 2 but luckily I was so busy I wasn't tempted to snack.

I was going to start Feb 1 but by the time Australia Day came around I was so over the "extended" Christmas/ summer holiday break that I decided to bit the bullet early.

Good luck guys

Hi there, 

I started today and it all went really well. I didn't crave anything and ate really well although I left too big a gap between Meal 1 and Meal 2 but luckily I was so busy I wasn't tempted to snack.

I was going to start Feb 1 but by the time Australia Day came around I was so over the "extended" Christmas/ summer holiday break that I decided to bit the bullet early.

Good luck guys

Well done.  I started on the 30th instead of the 1st.  So its almost the end of my day two and I have had no sugar cravings at all so I am stoked!  loving the food and havent had any negative effects and hope It continues this way !  :)  Good luck and let me know how you go

Hey! I'm in Aus too. I'm on day 20 and feeling awesome. I'm finding it suspiciously easy now. This is the first time in my life I've been able to really stick with any prescribed plan. Will be really interested to see how post-30 measurements go. I can say that my skin is glowing so much you can pretty much see me in the dark! Hah. Good luck to you, stick with it!

Hey! I'm in Aus too. I'm on day 20 and feeling awesome. I'm finding it suspiciously easy now. This is the first time in my life I've been able to really stick with any prescribed plan. Will be really interested to see how post-30 measurements go. I can say that my skin is glowing so much you can pretty much see me in the dark! Hah. Good luck to you, stick with it!

Wow good on you !  Its so encouraging to hear youre so far into it and still loving it.

Start of day 3 and again I feel great, no headaches and sleeping really well :)  What is your favourite go-to quick meal?

I haven't really been keeping track, just starting with vegies and adding whatever else I feel like, with the occasional big cookup of something more complicated. Today I've had leftover tuna and cabbage noodle casserole (vaguely followed http://sarahlynnsmile.com/2013/09/22/make-a-tuna-noodle-casserole-you-want-to-eat-paleowhole30gluten-freedairy-free/) and some eggs/avocado/tomato. I've been roasting/baking a lot of things as that is sort of quick, i.e. just chuck something on a baking tray and leave it for a half hour - so I've eaten a lot of baked chicken thighs with cucumber/tomato/snow peas etc. I also roast up heaps of vegies every weekend, roast pumpkin/onion/beetroot/zucchini is a good base for a meal. What else... I have a cool spiral slicer (GEFU Spirelli I think it's called) that makes zucchini noodles super quickly. If you've got the Well Fed cookbook, the pad thai recipe (which uses zoodles) is awesome! I've definitely been hanging out in the kitchen A Lot - my housemates will be glad to have the it back when I'm done. Or so they think.

I'm on day 6 and I'm a perfect example of the timeline in that I can barely muster the energy to move today!. Took myself off for nana nap but had to follow it with a coffee and a fresh date to get me through the afternoon - a bit disappointed because this is the first time I've had to have a second a coffee. :wacko:

I still have trouble getting my head around all the fry- up type recipes that seem to be everywhere - I don't need to lose weight on the Whole30 but I definitely don't want to gain weight!!  Hey Moana if you're in Brissy have you been to Paleo Pantry in Tennerife or the Paelo Cafe in paddington? Both are really great but you do have to shut your eyes to the "treats" they also sell that are off limits for the next 30days.

Paddlepop I'm looking forward to feeling awesome on my day 20 - you'll be almost finished so keep us posted.

Have great day Antipodians!

Fabulous to see other Aussies on here!  I am also from Brisbane :)

I'm finding day 4 and 5 the hardest so far. :(  

Cranky, hungry, tired and I dreamt about pies last night lol

I cant wait till this phase passes and my energy becomes better and I can get back into doing better workouts in the gym!

Ive always wanted to try the Paleo places popping up in Brisbane but I wont be visiting them while on the whole30 as Ive seen on their websites how amazing all the 'treats' are.

I'm going to sit down tomorrow and write down all the recipies that I want to try this week and plan out what days I will cook what.  I feel if I get more organised and more inventive, itll kick me out of this mood!

I agree that organisation is the key! I have more energy today on Day 7  but the humidity is draining isn't it?

I'm just doing some chicken tonight with  a Dona hay recipe - coconut aminos + sesame oil plus some chilli grilled in the oven/ bbq with asian veggies. It's family fav but of course they'll all be having rice too!

Fabulous to see other Aussies on here!  I am also from Brisbane :)

I'm finding day 4 and 5 the hardest so far. :(

Cranky, hungry, tired and I dreamt about pies last night lol

I cant wait till this phase passes and my energy becomes better and I can get back into doing better workouts in the gym!

Ive always wanted to try the Paleo places popping up in Brisbane but I wont be visiting them while on the whole30 as Ive seen on their websites how amazing all the 'treats' are.

I'm going to sit down tomorrow and write down all the recipies that I want to try this week and plan out what days I will cook what.  I feel if I get more organised and more inventive, itll kick me out of this mood!

Gosh I am only on day 3 and I have been moody with head aches since I began. I thought I had a pretty good diet before I started but looking at it now I did eat a lot of fruit and I think I am having sugar withdrawls. :(

I felt a bit better today so took off for a walk and that made me feel much better.

I am finding the amounts of food people are being told to eat is far to much for me. Just makes me feel like having a nanna nap after a huge Christmas bindge. Hopefully I will get used to all that protien soon. I am just so used to salads, veges and fruit with just one lot of protien a day.

Anyway hope you feel much better soon. :)

I don't know if you have seen this site but she has some lovely paleo recipes:

www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-diet-recipes/

Haha dreaming about pies sounds nice. I didn't get any weird food dreams that I remember. Only a fantastically strong craving for corn chips, which I never normally eat - may have to use nachos as a reintroduction experiment. I do feel quite a bit stronger as well, have been able to run for longer and am generally just more enthusiastic about getting out and doing things, so yes hang in there.

Even if I don't see much in terms of number results I think it's just brilliant to know that you are in control of what you eat, not the other way around, and that you are being seriously nice to your body, maybe even for the first extended time. So worth it :)

I buy Coconut Aminos at Paleo Cafe Paddington and Primal Pantry also sell them. There's a great little shop called Pod at Stafford that isn't strictly Paleo but they sell all organic and you might find them there.

Donna Hay - so i used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce (2tbl spoons); red chilli to taste; 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 clove of garlic if you aren't on low fodmap and 2tbl spoons olive oil. Mix in a bowl and add 4 chicken thighs or any pieces of chicken really. Get the chicken well coated and grill a few minutes on each side until cooked. Have the grill quite high to crisp the dressing. We had broccolini and green beans with it tonight.

Week 1 is done  - woohoo!  I've not been hungry but I'm told I've been cranky ...oops!

Hi, I'm in Sydney and started this on 28 Jan with some American friends after hearing them rave about how good they were feeling at about the 2 week mark. Day 8 today, and my skin ( rosacea) has cleared, and my clothes are starting to feel loose. I bought Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam and it has been invaluable as most of the recipes are whole 30 compliant, and everything i have made has been great. I've learnt some new dressings and sauces and this has really helped to add fat and flavour . I'd previously been following a low carb lifestyle, so this was not a huge transition, apart from eliminating dairy. Its nice to have some fruit back in the mix.

Archived