Any other Australians?

LauraJS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow day 6 was a breeze compared to day 4/5!!!

So happy, so much energy and I'm back in the gym doing full workouts 

I'm also falling asleep easily and waking refreshed!  This is a change for me as I am a shift worker and used to find it really hard to have a decent sleep.

Noticed my stomach isn't bloated at all any more and it feels great.

Hope everyone else is having a great day :)  Time for me to sleep then start day 7  :D

Hello everybody, just checking in. Still haven't cracked at the end of day 26.

Full disclosure, I actually started the Whole30 on Jan 2 and made it to day 8 before accepting some aniseed rings from my visiting brother - I was struggling with my (former?) chocolate addiction and a bit of back-to-work-itis. But then I realised that I really did want to finish a Whole30 even just the once as an experiment, and I started again 2 days later. I'm just telling you in case it helps in the next few days, if you're struggling, to remind you that you've read the theory, this stuff makes sense to you and you really do want to finish the Whole30, even just once, to see what unexpected things it will do for you. SO you might as well keep going since you're already on Day 6/8/12/...

I'm going on a long hike this weekend and am trying to plan Whole30 hiking food.. challenge :)

Eat well and enjoy!

It's my own cheat laksa. Fry 2T laksa paste in 2T olive oil for 1 minute, add 1 large can coconut milk ( Ayam is my fave) and 250ml chicken stock. Add 1T fish sauce, vegetables of your choice eg cabbage, snow peas, book choy etc, 1T lime juice. Simmer for about 5 minutes, adjust taste to balance sweet ( coconut milk), acid( lime), spicy ( paste) salty( fish sauce)just before serving stir in a handful of mint and basil leaves

To serve, serve over uncooked zucchini noodles ( use a julienne peeler) top with cooked chicken breast ( skin on) roughly chopped. Sprinkle with fried shallots from an Asian grocery store. I used laksa paste from the Malaya, but there are plenty of good ones around. Let me know how you go if you make it.

Day 10, my skin looks better each day and I am losing weight, my clothes are looser everywhere, finding the meals great, my only issue is trying to find some time to myself to have lunch at work, - impossible! Constant interruptions by people wanting things done. Ended up getting the protein part of lunch today at 330, had to abandon the avocado ( fat) and salad. Fortunately, not hungry as this diet is so filling.

Hi Lesley

So pleased to hear you have done so well and have seen so many improvements during your 10 day journey.

Makes it all seem so worth while. :)

Love the sounds of your laksa. I am finding it hard to get things like chili sauce and pastes without sugar added for adding to my meals. Will just have to keep looking.

Have a great day!

Thanks Paddlepop. I'm feeling a bit bored right now and while I won't cave in or anything, I am thinking about the next 19 days ahead that seem to be a looooooong road to travel.

Did you experience the Tiger Blood that everyone raves about?

Hi Angie, I think chilli sauce is going to be challenging, at lot of Thai recipes and ingredients are loaded with sugar. I found the Ayam fish sauce is whole30 compliant, and so are the Malaya curry pastes that I've seen so far. Of course you can make your own too, but they re a bit of work. Still, I'm viewing this as a lifestyle change, and to not eliminate foods I love I'm prepared to have a go! Beware of 'natural flavourings' type labeling on foods, usually indicates a heap of chemicals.

jkord5, I think when you get bored you really have to put something extra into trying new recipes. Those old chestnuts Nom Nom Paleo and The Clothes Make The Girl are really good. As is Dallas and Melissa's steak rub from It Starts With Food. Yom..

I can't truthfully call what I'm feeling Tiger Blood. I've been doing my normal yoga and running and have been stronger at those. I am much more clear-headed and focused at work (my boss said he's going to write the Whole30 into my next position description!). I am definitely fitting right down inside my clothes rather than at the edges of them, my skin is happy and my fingernails and toenails look weirdly shiny. So those things are awesome, but the last couple of days I've been exhausted and am taking today as a do-nothing-recovery day. For me I think it's more mental than physical though as my poor brain is trying to work and study at the same time. Will see how I go on hike tomorrow - am going with someone who is a model of fitness and normally quite difficult to keep up with.

3 days to go, and I think I will keep eating this way when cooking for myself, and not worry too much in social situations. With maybe some natural yoghurt and sourdough rye bread depending on how the reintroduction goes :)

Have a nice weekend!

Haven't read the other posts but I'm in Brisbane and on day 20 - still absolutely exhausted and needing at least 1 nap a day. I have a very active toddler so finding it very tough. I'm 29 and have been lowcarbing on and off for around 4 years and only discovered paleo in the last few months

I found the Ayam fish sauce is whole30 compliant, and so are the Malaya curry pastes that I've seen so far. 

Hi Lesley - you might want to double check the Ayam fish sauce, it has sugar in the ingredients list, sorry to be a party pooper!!!  

I know some of you have found coconut aminos, have you been able to find any without sugar (even coconut sugar, which isn't Whole30 compliant?).  I found Niulife brand locally, but it has coconut nectar syrup and coconut sugar.  

If there is one thing I learnt during my first Whole30, it was how vigilant you have to be in reading ingredient lists!!

Archived