Trina's whole 30

Trina1960

Home ...had a wonderful relaxing break on the beach for 5 days...mostly swimming and bike riding and reading...

Good news is I stuck it out and have weighed myself since being home. All up I lost 5.3kgs and approx 27cm from by body. I forgot to measure my arms so it was calves, thighs, hips, waist and chest....am thrilled... this plan has taken away my cravings for carbs but more importantly it has given me vitality...I feel ready to go in tje mornings and have energy all day...I li,e the way Im feeling and want to stay this way. it was a very easy plan overall if I was prepared. Days when i wasnt were probably a little boring food wise....have since had a few glasses of wine and Ive had some grains and chocolate..

Im going food shopping tomorow and am looking forward to starting again....Hubby looks like he may join me and will put my daughter onto it as well....Im thinking instead of jumping straight in with them i may wean them in over two days and then full steam ahead for us all...

A sustainable way of eating..with benefits on the side..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well its been almost 2 weeks since the end of my whole 30...the last week Ive gone to bed with and woken with headaches...yesterday was my first day in a week without one..today im also headache free.....Am going to the races on Thursday and am in a corporate box (never been before) so Im going to go have fun and eat whats given to me...As for alcohol I had a couple of wines and a beer whilst on holiday but to be honest I didnt enjoy them..I think I may have had slight headaches then too....before the drinks...am peeved at myself for not doing an re intro of foods..which is something i will definetly do this time round...Made a gluten free banana cacao cake with a date and 70% chocolate topping for a final sweet treat....had one small slice and everyone else loved it...I ate it but didnt find it as decadent as a juicy steak with cashew mushroom sauce...looking forward to my next whole 30....with a proper re intro at the end...

• 5 months later...

Well I never got back to doing my 2nd whole 30. Hubby had an accident and broke his back and had 3 months of recuperating whilst i took care of the farm and him.

im truly in desperate need of a whole 30. Shopping day tomorrow and its all going to be compliant...food wise things have been good..with the terrible exception of alcohol,90% chocolate and dairy...ive stacked on the weight...have a sore back and interupted sleep.... for breakky tomorrow I have sweet potatoes, eggs and am thinking of hash in coconut oil tossed salad on the side...

looking forward to having my energy back and feeling awesome again

Day 1...meal 1...grated sweet potato cooked in coconut oil..was meant to be hash but it all broke up..had this with an egg...red capsicum and strawberries...okay I know I need to up my protein on this meal but it kept me full until meal 2 when i had chicken avocado and salad...just finished cutting up some chuck steak.swt potato..carrot, rosemary,thyme.parsley, onion, garlic, oregano..s and p into the pressure cooker for a stew meal 3...hopefully there will be left overs for meal 1 tomoz..

hour of pilates in the morning and took the dog for a brisk walk this arvo....

Archived