28th January Start Date

jkord5

D, I'm feeling ya!  Not so much the chocolate cravings, but I just don't feel good.  I can hardly get thru a 1 hour workout, I am still so exhausted, I have sores on my tongue, a sty came on my eye - I haven't had a sty in 10 years, and pains like I am going to start the mother of all periods (I just finished 5 days ago!) the list just goes on and on.  I am sure I am going to be a 90!  

And for crap sake, where is the friggin sun?  I know it's winter and all, damn the groundhog, but does it have to be GREY every day till June??

Whew, thanks for listening...I feel better for the rant!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for asking, kt.  I am stuck here, snowed in.  Luckily I did have plenty of food so doing okay there.  Just not feeling terribly motivated, but I'm keeping on.  I've got some beef short ribs in the crock pot for later.  My stomach--still!  TMI--GAAASSSSS!!! And other issues. I am not going to eat any nuts for a couple of days and see if that helps.  I'm really tired of that.  Thought sure that would be gone by now.  Also not sleeping great, but I am experiencing a lot of stress right now.  Waking up at 4am regularly, and sometimes can't get back to sleep.  It is hard to stay motivated when snowed in, but I'm managing right now.  How are you doing?  Have the sores in your mouth cleared?  Cramps?

Hi everyone,

I started on the 27th actually but though I could join this group cause it's close enough.

I'm still doing okay, still motivated enough to totally ignore all the candy and cookies my colleagues brought into the office today  :)

But like drmoira I am having so much gas….. I really don't understand. It started in my second week and keeps going on and of. Also a bit constipated, I know: TMI. But if anyone has any ideas on why this is happening at all and what could help improve it, I'd love to know.

My skin has really cleared up, better than it has been for ages. However, I broke about 3 nails today, am a little confused of all these contradicting symptoms  :wacko:

Thanks for any insights and keep going strong everyone!

HI all - its so funny to hear you all talk about snow! it's 10am here and about 34.C - I was melting on my walk.

I feel as though I'm just coasting along at the moment. No tiger blood but no carvings or anything else just "being" whis I shouldn't complain about as I see you are all still having side effects from the diet.

If you are eating lots of nuts I'd cut down on them to see if you feel any better _I can't eat  a lot of nuts and my friend who is doing the Whole30 has had to stop eating them altogether which is a terrible shame!!

I'm on Day 17!!

Hi Everyone!  I have decided to stop.  Snowed in for 2 days and looking at a third.  Under what I would describe as extreme stress at work.  And 2 other things: one, it's only made my IBS worse so far.  I understand it may get better, but I can't afford to take chances right now.  Two, I thought about it and I have accomplished what I wanted to: I broke out of the X-mas eating patterns and I lost some weight.  It really has changed my eating and I'm grateful for that.  Good luck to you all!  I enjoyed the process with you.

Thanks, jkord!  So far I am still eating according to plan, but I am taking some Motrin for a toothache (dentist closed because of the snow, on a Friday, of course), I had one of my special coffees and I'm not worrying as much. To give you some examples, I travel for my work and I was stressing out about an overnight trip next week.  And I am going to a work-related banquet tomorrow night, and I was stressing out about that too.  And it's because I am so stressed at work, everything seems monumental.  I realized that over the past few days. It's my own poor planning/timing that's made this harder than it needed to be.  I'll be back!

Also, if any of you are on Facebook, I'd love to be friends!

Wow DR...that is a LOT of stuff going on...the work banquets and travel are things you have no control over - banquets are especially difficult - either don't eat ANYTHING or go off plan.  Neither of those are easy choices.  Take care of yourself and be sure to come back when life settles down a little...

Hey JK...I am still hanging in there...no "tiger blood" but no complaints either...joint pain is gone.  I started doing yoga again - I love it!  I was a ballerina in my younger days so that practice seems to speak to me more than jumping up and down and getting yelled at - ie:  I am not a zumba girl!  the lack of joint pain is really obvious during class.  That is a blessing all to itself.  No weight loss...I have to buy a new pair of dress pants for a presentation next week cuz the ones I wore last month won't ZIP!  Foods good though!

No joint pain? That must be a great feeling.  I've got loads more energy and I've probably lost a little weight but for me its ben all about feeling healthier and I definitely do. We're so close now - 7 days to go - it's exciting  but I've already decided not to dive into any off plan eating straight away. What about you?

I am going to try and hold on to this for a few more weeks at least.  My only real issue is no alcohol...i sing part time in a band and i just cannot do it without a little buz - LOL - we don't have another Gig till the first week of April, so i might go another 30 days.  by then, maybe i can actually get on stage without the vodka...

I'm not ready to stop.  I may slack off a little when it comes to sugar and alcohol, but I think that I am going to continue to do a Sunday "cook up" every week and stay compliant at least 6 days a week.  I am thinking that straight paleo would be fairly easy after a whole 30 and a more reasonable way to live day in and day out. 

As for the "lack of loss", I had an MRI done on my abdomen and it appears I have a cyst the size of a 6 month pregnancy.  THAT would explain why my pants won't zip!  I will be having surgery the first week in May, so the better I can treat my body for the next 3 months or so, the better off I will be after the procedure.  I will do another W30 in June to get my hormones back on track!

It's all good...I am so glad i don't have to have a hysterectomy that i would gladly do whaterver the doctor presents!   First off i am a big fat SISSY - terrified of pain and blood and all tha other yuck.  Second, with my line of work, to be out that long would just be deadly - the bosses would have to replace me.  They would have to keep me on becasue of FLMA, but i certainly wouldn't be in the position I have now.  Anyway...the procedure seems like nothing short of a miracle and i have such good feelings about it that I am WILLING it into working!  ha ha...

Are you going to do a second 30??

Am i doing a second 30? Hmm? I'm going to go solo for a while and see how I do. March and April are the birthday months in my family and so I'm going to give myself those special treats like a glass or 2 of champagne and have piece of the most delicious birthday cake from my favourite bakery on those occasions. Apart from that though I hope to stay pretty much on track - I'm gluten intolerant anyway so no breads etc which I must say I think helped a lot on the Whole30.  The first sign of over indulging in paleo treats though and I'm signing up for another round because that was my main motivation for doing the Whole30, to get away from eating gluten free and paleo cakes and treats every time I saw one! Tomorrow is my last day :D  :D  :D  :D

Archived