28th January Start Date

jkord5

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's everybody doing?  My day 9 went very well.  I worked out with my trainer and had great energy and stamina.  I am feeling good!  Sahmaffour, thanks so much for easing our minds about days 10 and 11.  It seems like most of us on this thread were eating okay before we started this program.  I can imagine if I was coming to it from where I was a few years ago, I probably would have been ready to quit a few times by now.  Right now, I could imagine eating this way for the long-term, with a few additions, like my weekly cup of coffee that I miss!  BTW, I have made a batch of the paleo mayonnaise from Nom Nom Paleo at least once a week--it is so good I could eat if off the spoon!  Made some tonight for chicken salad with celery and grapes for lunch tomorrow.

Good night, all!

Hey everyone!  Day 10 down and 20 to go.

Tonight was a bit difficult...we have boot camp at work Monday & Wednesday night and tonight's class was Tabata.  I had NO energy, like none, but I pushed on thru and came home to chicken in the crock pot!  I am really doing much better than I thought at this point. The only weirdness I am experiencing is a "metal" taste...and my mouth is a little fuzzy.  I am going to search the forums and see what I can find...

Keep up the good work everyone!!! 

Ugh.  Today went downhill fast!  Still doing well food-wise, but my energy completely plummeted!  Going to bed early tonight so I can hopefully have a better day tomorrow.

drmoira, why aren't you having your weekly coffee?  It's okay on the plan.  I used to have cream in mine, and bought some coconut milk to use instead, but I've just been having it black and realized I don't even miss the cream at all!

ktsimons, I had fuzzy mouth around day 9-10 too!  If I'm going by my original start date I would be at day 13, and it's completely gone now.  My skin is looking better as well, I had some blemishes for the first while that got worse but they're almost all gone now!

So funny that a lot of us had energy issues today. I don't think I ate enough at breakfast and then bonked big time during my workout today. I pushed through but felt sort of off the rest of the day. I feel good now, though! Things are getting a lot easier and I'm hoping that my GI issues get sorted out soon. That's been off since I started. I've noticed that I have such a flat stomach now. I love it. Bloating be damned! 

Hope everyone is having a great night and see you tomorrow!

ktsimons, you're 1/3 of the way through!  Strong work!  Sahmoffour, the deal with the coffee is that regular brewed coffee can trigger my IBS sometimes.  I finally found a coffee that wasn't so bad--have you seen those Starbucks Via coffee packets?  They are processed enough that they are easier on my stomach.  Unfortunately, they contain sugar.  I have grown to love them and I miss them!  But I also wonder if, when I let myself have sugar on a regular basis, then that makes me want more sugar.  I have serious sugar issues--I LOVE IT!  But I am feeling really good right now without it!  Starting Day 10!

Day 10's a wrap!  It's eerie how accurate that Whole30 Calendar is.  I had fleeting thoughts about quitting several times today.  Was thinking about desserts.  I'm not quitting, and I do think, like the calendar says, that my feelings today are a reflection of the psychological hold that those foods have on me.  I don't like that!  Going to bed early.  'Night everyone!

Wow, I had a rough day. :(  Woke up to major vertigo, almost fell over when I got out of bed!  It got better as the day went on, but I'm exhausted now.  Really not feeling great, so I'm not sure if that's the W30, or the lack of sleep.  I seem to have insomnia, and can't ever fall asleep at night until midnight.  I can stay asleep no problem once I fall asleep, until my kids wake me up between 6-7.  Guess I'm just getting worn out or something!  I think I'm eating well enough, I drink tons of water, I have sweet potatoes everyday (at least 1-2 servings), I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough salt, having healthy fats and lots of veggies/protein at every meal.  Going to attempt going to bed early tonight and hopefully I can get more sleep and feel better tomorrow.  

Good Luck with sleeping sahmoffour - that's one thing I've really appreciated since starting the programme is that I'm sleeping better.

I'm almost finished with day 11 and while I wasn't even remotely tempted in anyway, I'm feeling a little low and maybe bored? It could just be the end of a long week. Tiger blood can't come quick anough

Hi Everybody, I was excited to see that I look smaller today!  sahmoffour, I bet it's the W30 that's making you tired like that.  I feel like I passed through that, but it was rough.  I've noticed my bowels are going through, errr..an adjustment?  Kinda like the stock market?  That's the polite way to put it.  Having a good Day 11 so far ini spite of that.  Looking forward to hearing how you guys are doing.

Hey ya'll...day 12 down and it was another tough one.  I just have no energy...I sorta ran out of food today so I started rationing what protein was left and I think I haven't eaten enough.  Skipped the gym tonight, I hate doing that. Oh and no poop, suddenly stopped right up! 

TMI & LOL.  Not quitting, not by a long shot, but I wish this phase would hurry up and go away.  I was so healthy feeling the first week or so and now that silly fuzzy mouth feeling, metal taste and little sores busting out along the edge of my tongue.  What is up with my MOUTH! 

Looking forward to Sunday's cook-up...going to make even more this week than last.

Night all... 

Heading off to bed. Managed to navigate a business without any disasters! I've felt fine today but I haven't planned my meals for next week so I need to get moving on that because I don't want to get caught short and end up having eggs 3 times a day  LOL!

I'm still hanging in here!  Had a bad couple days, I have no energy and am only getting around 6 hrs of sleep a night no matter what I do.  Just can't seem to fall asleep before 11:30-12 every single night.  Then I get woke up by my son who keeps getting up at 5:00-6:00 every morning.  

Had a lot of cravings today too.  Today was the first day that I've had to consciously talk myself out of eating something I shouldn't.  Up until now it's been pretty easy.  I might try to find a new yummy recipe tomorrow to change things up a bit.  

'Night everyone!

sahmoffour - I understand your pain! My daughter is awake every morning before 5.30am but I go to bed early so I'm getting about seven and half hours sleep each night.

I'm going to try the chocolate chilli tomorrow that everyone raves about - have you tried it?

Have any of you had the Inquisition from your family about what your doing? My brother in law and sister in law just shake their heads at me. 

Almost the end of Day 13 - nearly at the half way mark :D

ktsimons, sorry about your mouth and no poop!  I don't think it's TMI, it's a big part of what we are doing.  I feel like digestive issues will probably affect us all.  I've got the opposite problem--waaaaaaay too much poop!  Since last Weds or Thurs.  So ready for that to stop.

sahmoffour and jkord, I remember those days with my kids, the wonderful sleep deprivation.  My two sons are 14 and 16 now, and the biggest problem I have with them is I want to eat their ginger snaps and pretzels and other junk!  Having cravings off and on.  Last night was hard.  I had dinner at my sister's house--she's been very supportive, the whole dinner was W30 compliant--and we had fruit after dinner, and her husband had cake, and I was jealous!  My sons have seen how negatively a bad diet can affect me, so they are really encouraging, and that's really nice.

Also feeling tired.  Just want to stay in bed all day, but not an option today.  Day 13, yay!

Jkord...not my family, I am the certified "fatty" in a 5 person bodybuilding team, LOL, so they are all used to wacky diets.  Surprisingly, the biggest push back was from my cousin, who is a TRAINER at a CROSSFIT gym.  She actually said "one sip of this martini won't hurt you, why are you being so stupid?" REALLY????  Has her crossfit gym never done a nutrition challenge or did she just lie about staying compliant?  Good Lord, I could have killed her.  LOL

I am on day 14 and after consulting the timeline, I seem to be a few days behind the curve.  I had the bloating, gas, intestinal mess yesterday which is on 10-11 on the timeline...we went to the neighbors for band practice (yes, I am a 50 year old backup singer for an 80's throwback group!) and I had to leave before we were done with the Allman Brothers!  My guts were hurting so darn bad...today seems better, though, and I slept like a rock last night...

off to do the Sunday cook up...i'll check back during the day to see everyone's progress.

ktsimons, I think CrossFit people are crazy.  That's not sustainable!  And who ever, ever had just one sip of a martini?  What would be the point of that?  People can be sooo intrusive!

On another note, you sound really cool and I would so hang out with you!

jkord.. I've made the chocolate chili twice now.  Super yummy!  I made spaghetti squash with it and served the chili on top, definitely one of my fave meals!

I haven't had to deal with much of my family, to be honest the only person who knows I'm doing this is my husband and he's super supportive so it's been easy to stick with.

I'm not sure where I'm at on the timeline.  In the TMI department, I've been going quite regularly, so no intestinal issues to speak of.  I feel a bit bloated on and off though.  I'm still fairly low energy, and I'm starting to get worried that this big energy boost just isn't going to happen for me.  I haven't really been noticing much for side effects to be honest, but I've been 100% compliant with all parts of the plan.

I'm going to try to get the motivation to cook up a bunch of food today too, it's super cold here, -40 so all I want to do is hide out in my bed today!  I got a bit more sleep last night, fell asleep by 11:30 and my kids let me sleep til 7 this morning so I'm feeling a bit better.

Having a really tough time today. :(  I want to eat something yummy sooo bad!  I keep talking myself into doing it in my head.. like we're going to the city on Tuesday and I want to go eat out, and Friday is Valentine's Day and I want to order chinese food.  And it's not like I'm going to stick with this for the rest of my life so who cares if I stick with it for 30 days straight… etc. etc.  Sigh. 

NOOOOOOO!  Hang in there ...Remember, there will ALWAYS be SOMETHING!  There is not a month that goes by where there isn't a birthday, office party, date night, holiday.  You have come so far, don't give it up yet. 

Find something to do.  Take a walk, read a book, or get out the old photo albums (or on your laptop) and waste some time looking at  years ago.  That always takes my mind off of whatever is bugging me...

Don't do it sahmoffour - you'll hate yourself  - we are half way through so tmrw we'll be more than half way through - that's how to look at it. 

I made some lamb sliders tonight with rosemary/salt/pepper and put them between sweet potato rounds with avocado and red pepper. Those were really yummy.

:)  :)  :D  :D

sahmoffour, my thoughts have been like, "Why am I doing this?  Am I crazy?" or "I don't have to do this."  Just ignoring them and it sounds as if you're doing the same.  I have to say, my energy is good even though my stomach's been a mess.  We're almost at the magic two week mark!  Yay!  It's been great having you all to be on this journey with me.

Having a really tough time today. :(  I want to eat something yummy sooo bad!  I keep talking myself into doing it in my head.. like we're going to the city on Tuesday and I want to go eat out, and Friday is Valentine's Day and I want to order chinese food.  And it's not like I'm going to stick with this for the rest of my life so who cares if I stick with it for 30 days straight… etc. etc.  Sigh. 

Make something yummy that isn't non-compliant. It is only 30 days. In the course of your lifetime it is so short. If for no other reason stay strong for the sake of honoring the commitment that you made to yourself.

Is the food you are eating boring? Perhaps you need some new recipes this week.

Hey everybody!  Still in it with ya!  Today went okay.  However, I am so ready for my bowels to regulate.  It's like everything is going right through me!  Also, can you die from sugar cravings?  The office is killing me.  Chocolate, I love you and miss you!  I powered through the cravings, mostly because now I'm just so damn curious as to what's gonna happen.  Will I get tiger blood?  Or will I be that person, "Gee, guess you're going to need a Whole 90."  Please God no.

Archived