JoelleKSU's Log

JoelleKSU

This is my day 1 log! Yay! I made it through and feel pretty good so far!

On Sunday I prepared meals for the beginning of the week and a breakfast casserole as I never seem to wake up in time to make breakfast before work. 

Breakfast: Egg casserole with ground pork that I seasoned myself with chili pepper, cumin, salt, pepper, and a few other spices, spinach, and a compliant hot sauce (the recipe was on PaleOMG and was awesome! Note - i'm normally not an egg person)

Got to work and was hungry....luckily I brought another small chunk of the casserole with me.

Lunch: Grilled chicken breast and a sweet potato.  I never seem to make chicken breasts right and really didn't enjoy it...I don't know what the secret is.  Sweet potato was great though, and filling.

Got home late and had to rush around before crossfit.  I saw that the WOD was going to be especially tough and needed some fuel so I ate a banana and a cashew lara bar on the way out the door. 

The WOD was TOUGH...in additoin to some heavy back squats we did 4 Rounds for time of 10 Chest to Bar Pull Ups, 20 kettle bell swings (24 kilo's!), 30 sit ups, and 40 double unders...I was DEAD.

Got home and was exhausted.  Had made crockpot carnitas.  Put it over salad with green salsa (compliant) and guacamole.  This was SOOOOOO good! 

Had a banana after dinner. 

Slept pretty hard all night (thank god!)

Just some background on me...i'm 29, in relatively good health and very active with crossfit.  I'm not at the weight i'd like to be and would like to lose close to 15 pounds (or just trim down and fit into some of my "skinny clothes") I don't really care about the number.  I was paleo complaint prior to Christmas and fell off the bandwagon...was feeling out of control and sluggish prior to starting this.  Want to take back control of my eating habits. 

Day 2 -  Such a hard day for me...I was struggling at work and had to go upstairs to our cafeteria and everything was screaming at me...especially those damn brownies.  I ran away though :)

Breakfast: Egg casserole and an apple

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Homemade Carnitas with salad, guacamole, and compliant green salsa. 

Snack:  Was STARVING when I got home...I worked pretty late and had no compliant options, so after a horrible day and a freezing cold walk home from the metro I snarfed down a lara bar I had in my purse. 

Dinner:  Pulled crockpot chicken and brussel sprouts, 3 pieces of bacon.

Lots of sleep...hopefully Day 3 is easier.  So far so good. 

I wonder if you ate enough at breakfast?  Do you have a copy of the meal template? Every meal should have 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of vegetables, and the appropriate amount of compliant fat. When eggs are your protein source, the serving size is the number of eggs you can hold in your hand. For most folks, that's at least 2-3.

On the snacking, avoid having fruit as a snack. Save your 1-2 daily fruit servings to enjoy with or immediately after your main meals. If you're genuinely hungry between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal that contains a protein and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

Archived