PLEASE ADVISE!! Day 27 - poo issues

I have been paleo-ish for about two years and am now on day 27 of my first whole30 and overall am feeling great.  I've been eating very strictly.  

I have eaten out a few times but have asked a billion questions, boiled options down, and gone with sauceless meat and veggies each time.  I'm drinking a decent amount of kombucha and taking a probiotic most mornings. 

I am regular with bowel movements but am still experiencing very loose, dark stools in the mornings. I'm also experiencing some gas still in the evenings. I'm interested in resolving this so that my waste is what it should be!!  I haven't really had super irritable bowel issues, just these. Could it be trace amounts of ingredients from eating out? Could it be something still included in my diet? Could it just need more time? 

Any ideas? 

• Moderators

Your standards for the quality of your poo may be too high. Honestly, I have eaten Whole30-style for over 4 years and my poo varies in consistency and smell from time to time. Sleep, activity levels, the variety of foods you are eating, etc., all have an impact on digestion and the composition of your poo. 

Breakfast is usually: 1-2 cups of veggies (onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro) scrambled with 3 organic, pastured eggs.

Lunch: browned grassfed beef + a big salad (mixed greens, raw mushrooms, avocado, tomatoes, black olives, carrots, onions) with olive oil and a dash of lemon juice or pure balsamic vinegar.  (Meat may vary: roasted chicken, shredded pork, tuna - always without any sauce or added items)

Supper: Baked salmon with fresh green beans and roasted winter vegetables.  (Or a grassfed steak with sauteed mushrooms + squash and roasted broccoli).

Sometimes a banana or apple and some coconut flakes for a snack.  Once and a while a few nuts.  

Thanks!!

Your meals look fine. Have you introduced new vegetables that you didn't eat pre-Whole30? Are you ok with spicy - I wonder if the jalapeno is bothering you?

The gas could be from raw vegetables and/or the broccoli. Maybe try having all cooked veggies and backing off the cruciferous for a few days and see if that changes things up.

Archived