Jemma's Whole 30 Log

Jem

Day one done and dusted! Spent today planing our weeks meals and grocery shopping. Our fridge is jam packed of clean food! Sorted through the cupboards. Hubby and kids now have their own cupboard in the kitchen for their food too.Went down to the library and checked out some Paleo books. Began reading "Paleo Coach" tonight which I'm really enjoying reading . Has some great pointers and really helping me to get in the right headspace about the reasons why I decided to do the Whole 30. For breakfast I had a 2 poached eggs with spinach, tomato and mushroom. For lunch I had a chicken and avocado salad. For dinner I had spicy pork with apple wedges,mashed squash and broccoli was delicious! Really need to up the snack tho as I only had one snack today and was pretty hungry by dinner time.Also tried my first black coffee today! Only drunk half before tipping it out yuck but hopefully by the end of this ill be coffee free or limited to 1cup a day Instead of 3 or 4 .Anyway feeling really good about the next 29 days and already have my Brekky sliced n diced and lunch prepared for day 2 :)

Snacking is actually discouraged on a Whole30. Your meals look pretty good though hard to tell on portion sizes for your protein at meal 2 and 3. I would advice adding another egg or 2 to your first meal (or another protein source). A palm sized serving of eggs is as many whole ones as you can hold in your hand. Making sure you are eating proper portions will help you get through without being super hungry.

If you do need to eat between meals make it a mini meal of protein, fat, veg. You said you did have a snack on day 1 but I didn't see it listed, what was it?

Welcome!

Instead of upping the snacks, look at upping your meal portions.

Every meal should follow the meal template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of vegetables, and the appropriate amount of compliant fat. 

I wonder if you had enough vegetables at lunch? 

What did you have for a snack?  You want to have any snacks be a mini-meal that includes a protein and fat.  

The idea is to minimize the need to snack on a Whole30 ... play around with your portion sizes at meals so that your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours.

Thank you so much for the advice.Total newbie so any advice /feedback is much appreciated. So for a snack I had spicy broccoli and cauliflower with beef strips. I didn't realise about the snack lots of info to take on board.I will dthe up the protein at breakfast and Lunch to keep me going through the day.

Archived