End of our first whole30

josh

My family of 6 is three days from finishing up our first whole30. It's been an adventure. Some have loved it. Some not so much...she's 5. All in all though I'm so very proud. My worry...all kinds of crap is being dreamed about for Saturday; donuts, pizza, candy. I get that my kids didn't 'get' the psychological side, I'm okay with that. I am concerned with the results of the planned gorge fest... Will they go through detox again, be terribly sick Sunday or is this the quickest way to slip back to old practices? As a family we plan to modify a bit, but keep on the whole foods plan at home, with an occasional outside treat.

It would be best if you all can follow a controlled reintroduction of the foods you want to eat again, following the example outlined here. http://whole30.com/step-two-finished/

For example, re-introduce gluten before you have donuts. Reintroduce gluten and dairy separately before you have pizza.

Having donuts, pizza and candy all on day 31 I'm afraid will result in a sick and miserable family on day 32, with no idea as to what food group caused the distress.

Archived