Whole30 in Augusta area

toriellie

Hi everyone,

I will be starting my 3rd Whole30 on Saturday, along with a friend who is doing her first one.  She may or may not have family support, but my guess would be that she won't.  Since she's a busy mom with fibromyalgia, among other chronic goings-on, and she works full time, I'm trying to support her as much as I can. 

I live in Oregon and she lives in South Carolina. I've sent her a resource book with meal planning info, tips, recipes, etc.  However, I'm having a tough time trying to find out where she can get some of the foods she will want/need for the Whole30.

If anyone is in the Augusta, GA / North Augusta, SC area, I'd really appreciate any input on where to find things such as coconut aminos, almond flour, Red Boat fish sauce, compliant bacon, sausage or ham... or anything else you can think of that might be tough to find in that area. 

A Whole Foods is opening in the area at the end of this year, but that's not really helpful at this moment.

Thanks so much for any suggestions and input!

Tori

I am also in an area without a ton of resources...I drive 45 minutes to the whole foods and I feel blessed to have that ability!  LOL...before the WF opened, I really had to rely on Amazon quite a bit.  I never bought anything that I felt was "spoiled" or beyond it's date...I have bought coconut aminos, all kinds of alternative flours, gluten free soy, and even vegan chocolate chips.  I have had really good luck and if you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping.

it may be a little late for starting on Saturday, but she could order now and work for a few days without some of the more unusual items.  that can be a boost to her cooking after a few days...

Thanks for the info!  Hopefully between her local natural foods store (which is kind of meh, compared to others I've been to and what I have around here), amazon, and if necessary, a trip to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods about an hour away, she'll be covered. 

Otherwise, I have my free month of amazon prime for another couple weeks, so I might just need to send her a Whole30 Care Package!  :-)

http://whiteoakpastures.com/index.html

I am not sure of the distance between Bluffton and Augusta. White Oaks products can be found in WF's but I have found that even with shipping it's cheaper to order from White Oaks directly than buying from WF. I live in Florida but I've ordered from them on occasion in the past when they have online sales.

Archived