Question about finishing and starting again

AinOaktown

I am on Day 28 of my first Whole30.  I have not cheated outside of making refinements week one for some items with sneaky sugars, preservatives, etc- and even those are minimal.  As a result of a long-time coming Celiac diagnosis, I have eaten a majority clean diet for the past three years but this was a chance to kick it up a notch and remove some of the food on the margins that had become "no brakes."

I timed my whole30 to end the day before a significant gathering of my friends in advance of my wedding.  I also plan to start another Whole 30 (equally ore more villigant) on the Monday after.  This would give me Sat and Sun as days off before I start again.

My baseline is from former restricted eating where the goal was ketosis and after a certain point one "cheat/off plan" meal could actually break through a plateau.  This type of plan is obviously not for health, but is my only real understanding.

I am curious about a few things.  First, I am feeling amazing and for me weight loss was a goal, and that seems to be happening.  Will one/two days (max) off program be a huge set back to the progress I am making to being my best self?  For fat adaptation, does the one/two days off mean the process has to start from scratch? 

Thanks!

Somebody with more experience with Celiac will probably have a better answer for you but the general answer is that one/two days of offroading will not undo what you have accomplished thus far. (though I'm not clear that you did a full W30 yet...sounds like you were not 100% compliant the first week).

The program is Whole30 not Whole365...I don't adhere to the rules completely but I did very careful introductions after my W30 and know how different things affect me so I could make a good go forward plan for myself and make good choices about what is special and worth it.

I don't suffer from Celiac though. To enjoy your weekend I would urge you to be careful about what you indulge in so you don't miss out on fun because you are in pain. Going completely off the rails right away could put you in a world of hurt. 

Celiac is the issue here: it can take weeks (even months!) to recover from a small exposure to gluten. It really isn't worth it.

Take some time to do controlled reintros of dairy, soy, etc. so you can know how these things effect you, but if you already have the celiac diagnosis, I would not mess with that.

Archived