Day 10 and I have the flu...

I'm on day 10 of my first whole30.  I found the first 6 days a breeze and love the food, but I have caught a cold and am in a bit of a state, fevers, shivvers, thumping headaches and runny nose (typical head cold symptoms).  I have a complete loss of appetite, and the thought of protein and vege is making me gag.  I'm still sticking religiously to plan, but I'm really forcing these meals down and finding the thought of having to eat (I would rather not eat - which is NOT like me AT ALL).  Any suggestions here to make my food more appealing, and bearing in mind I'm unwell and trying to look after a 2 & 4 yr old, any ideas as to how to keep my energy up?  Determined to stay on plan, but feeling like I'd rather eat a cardboard box than anything on plan.  

This happened to me on day 5. I made (I wish I had a video I was a mess and probably hysterical to watch) a huge pot of chicken and veggie soup. Mind you I cannot cook so just guessed. I purchased the largest pre-cooked chicken I could at Whole Foods. I tore it apart and added all the veggies I had in my fridge with chicken stock and water.  I probably over did it on the veggies :).  Then I just put half an avocado on top every time I made a bowl. I ate this three times a day for about three days. The best idea? No, but I made it through!!!! God bless you with the two kids, I had trouble with my three dogs lol. Good luck you can do it!!!!

I'm so sorry you are sick!

If you have the flu just make sure you are staying hydrated and eat what you can. Chicken soup or just straight bone broth is a fabulous idea. Probably ok to drink coconut water right now too. Just stick to compliant foods as you can and get the rest and hydration you need to get better.

Archived