Starting this Sunday (2nd Feb)

arnoldbrame

• 2 weeks later...

It has been 9 days since I'm following two rules to lose weight:

1. 1.5 hours of workout every morning

2. Avoid heavy lunch (just a glass of orange juice)

It seems the process is too slow to be beneficial. I have lost only few grams. :angry: I guess I have to push a little bit more.

I encourage you to trust the process and check on the following:

- your meals follow the recommended Whole30 meal template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of vegetables and the appropriate amount of compliant fat. 

- include a pre and post WO snack that also fits the template. Pre WO is protein and optional fat. Post WO is protein and carb.

- view the Whole30 timeline as a comparison to see how others have felt at different points in the process.

- avoid having juice as a beverage and most especially as a meal replacement. Whole30 recommends to use fruit juice only as a flavoring in cooking, not as a beverage.  If you want a lighter lunch, eat at the lower end of the meal template (e.g., 1 palm of protein, 1 cup of vegetables, and the appropriate amount of compliant fat).

- please hide the scale, per the rules. Focus instead on how you're feeling.

Finally, please remember that this is the Whole30 and not the Whole9. This article further elaborates http://whole30.com/2014/01/whole30-tough-love/

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know that juice should not be taken as a replacement of food. I also used to believe that we must not eat anything just before the workout and that the gap between meals and workout should be of 5 hours. All these myths are broken here. Thanks a lot!!!!

Archived