Start of Day 4 and I am exhausted....

lisaf83

This is VERY common. Lots of people start the whole30 by removing things from their diet, not realizing that they need to eat more of the other things to make up for it. You need to eat a LOT of protein, vegetables and fat to have enough energy eating this way. Here is the meal template. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf Does your eating follow the template at all three meals as well as pre- and post-WO? If not, fix that first and see how you feel moving forward. If you aren't sure your meals meet the template, or if you think they do but you still feel tired, post a few days-worth of food as examples and we will help tweak things for you.

Sometimes it just takes a little while to transition. Hang in there.

I'm on Day 4 also, and I have felt tired since Day 1!  I believe I am eating enough--I love that I don't have to worry about calories, fat, blah, blah, BLAH!  So I am eating!!!  And loving it!

I think the fatigue is telling me the amount of damage I have done to my body, with wheat, sugar, and coffee.  I am interpreting it as my body is struggling to heal.  I was reading on some other forum topics, and some people were still feeling tired on Day 10.  I keep thinking about the book and how it talks about, for most people, the magic happens after two weeks.  I am really, really hoping this will be true for me!

Tired and a bit foggy and don't feel as emotionally sturdy as usual.  Hanging on to the promise of help with persistent and annoying health issues.

Thanks for the post lisaf83.  Misery loves company!

Archived