Breakfast foods!

mskapaldo

I am on Day 3 on the Whole30 Challenge and so far I am loving it! I can't believe that I have gone for 3 days without any bread or pasta! I feel that I am fuller and don't feel the need to eat every 2-3 hours since I don't feel hungry. I also don't feel jittery you know like when you are so hungry that you are shaking?  I know I've only been on the challenge for 3 days and the results are apparent and I feel good! 

Does anybody have any breakfast recipes they'd like to share or can direct me to a website with breakfast recipes?  So far, I have been having eggs, fruit and sweet potato!   

My favourite go to one now is this:

saute some onions in a pan.  Add some ground meat and season (salt, pepper, and garlic powder)

When it is brown add handfuls of spinach, and a handful shredded sweet potato.  Season again (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika)

If you are especially hungry - add a couple of wisked eggs and scramble them into the mix.

I serve it with a healthy dolop of homemade mayo.

Eat and Enjoy.

I've been loving a hash: sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, spaghetti squash, whatever veggies I have on hand, stirfried. Usually I cook my meat first (sausage or hamburger patties), then toss in the veggies. Then I usually fry a couple eggs over easy so the yolk is soft and runs down into the veggies...yum.

Remember, you don't have to eat "breakfast", you can just eat "Meal 1".  I enjoy my breakfast choices, like sweet potato hash and eggs, or a breakfast casserole, but once you break down the barrier, dinner leftovers can be just as satisfying.  ometimes I have a combination of both.  A beef stew omelet is delicious!

@1Maryann - I don't have to eat breakfast?? I don't understand. What do you mean about that?

Thank you all for your suggestions... I love leftovers so basically any foods that I would cook for lunch or dinner I can eat at breakfast, which is what I've been basically doing. :-)

@1Maryann - I don't have to eat breakfast?? I don't understand. What do you mean about that?

Thank you all for your suggestions... I love leftovers so basically any foods that I would cook for lunch or dinner I can eat at breakfast, which is what I've been basically doing. :-)

What I think she means is that you don't need to have only breakfast food for your 1st meal. Folks have leftovers, soup, salads, etc.

@AllyB - I didn't see the silky ginger zucchini soup on the link you provided. Can you send it to me again, please?

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/11/05/silky-gingered-zucchini-soup/

I'd have to check but this might be slightly different than what got published in her book as the blog post proceeds the cookbook by well over a year.

I have the book and have made that soup a bunch of times. From my memory (I'm at work), that's really, really close. She does suggest a mix of chicken and beef broth in the book, but I've always used just chicken as this says. It's delicious!

@Physibeth - Thanks for sending me the link to the zucchini soup.  I am going to make it tonight, I have all the ingredients at home. 

BTW, next to the ground black pepper on the ingredient list it says (If you're not on AIP) What does that mean? 

@Physibeth - Thanks for sending me the link to the zucchini soup.  I am going to make it tonight, I have all the ingredients at home. 

BTW, next to the ground black pepper on the ingredient list it says (If you're not on AIP) What does that mean? 

AIP is the auto-immune protocol version of Whole30. Folks follow that protocol if they have an auto-immune illness. One of the additional things you eliminate on AIP is peppers.

Archived