Allergies

Hello there...I am very new at this and learning along the journey of being healthy! I am on day 26 of the Whole30 and look forward to making this a lifestyle and converting my 13-yr. old and 8-yr. old to Paleo as well.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues with not seeing their allergies improve by now at this stage of the Whole30.  I read in one of the daily emails that allergies may get worse in week 2 but by week 3 I should see improvement.  This past week, they've been worse than any other day on the Whole30.  A couple days ago they felt like they were starting to clear up but then the last 2 days I've been extremely miserable with runny, itchy eyes that don't seem to stop tearing!  I'm 48 and have struggled with allergies since I was in grade school.  I am currently on so many medications and was on weekly allergy shots which I haven't been on for probably the past year (my current insurance doesn't cover the shots).  Is there still hope?  I'm wondering if since my body was probably so out of whack from all the unhealthy eating that maybe it's taking me longer to see any good results with improvement but I guess I was really hoping to see better results by now.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I plan to keep on going and I've been very careful not to have anything that is not compliant with the Whole30 because I would really like to see these allergies be GONE not to mention being healthier!  Please help!

I have gotten terrible seasonal allergies since I was 5. I started this way of eating last January, and in the spring saw no improvement with my symptoms. A naturopath I saw told me that she expects I will see a big improvement this year, since I have continued to follow the diet. Hopefully she's right...but it is disappointing to hear that it could take so long for symptoms like that to improve. Seems like it does happen quicker for some people.

You may want to review your current medications, in case any of them aren't helping.

Some medications mask symptoms, but actually make issues worse. Some have sneaky filler/coating ingredients that can make you feel ill.

If you have any persistent & unresolved health issue, it's worth continuing to investigate and review previous diagnosis as well.

If you have been incorrectly diagnosed, the treatments may not be treating the right thing.

Archived