Oh No! Should I restart?

Melimuse

In digging in deeper to all of the resources to figure why I feel and look bigger on this day 7 of my whole30, I realize that I am probably eating too much meat and fat and not enough vegetables. I am cmpliant, and making other sorts of progress, but feel sluggish and unmotivated to exercise. Do I need to restart, or is a course correction okay?

As long as you haven't eaten any non compliant food I don't think a restart is needed. I think all of us have to find the amount of food that works on this plan. I would definitely reread the meal planning guide to make sure you are giving yourself the best opportunity for the program. http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf. Also you may want to check out the timeline for what to expect during the whole30. http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Now that I am over the initial shock, maybe I am eating enough veggies and not too much meat. What I should adjust is eating more at meals, using bacon, dried berries and cashew or walnut butter as occassional condiments or post worout instead of part of meal or as a between meal snack when I haven't earned it with a workout. Still need to know, should I restart? I have been thinking of 4 extra days anyway to get me to the next weekend. Any advice welcome.

I felt much bigger at day17.  I looked at my portions and decided to reduce my fat intake from 2-3 portions per meal to 1.  It has help me begin to feel and look less big.

One thing I'm very deligent about is NO Snacking!  We are suppose to only eat 3 meals a day and if we are getting hungry between then look at what was not enough in the previous meal.  And also try drinking water instead of a snack.  I have found I can go from meal 2 at 12:30 to 7:30-8 for meal 3.  (not prefered but happens sometimes.)

And remember you don't want fat or fruit post workout.

And don't restart...just keep plugging along!

No need to restart. Proceed.  :)

Pre WO snacks are protein and optional fat. Post WO is protein and carb.

Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30. Bacon isn't the best protein source, especially for PostWO where you want lean protein.

Independent of workout food, if you are hungry between meals, have a mini meal that contains a protein and fat. Look to tweak your earlier meals so they satiate you for 4-5 hours.

Thanks, folks, I will not stress out since you kindly responded quickly! Something is working since I am not craving bad things or as much caffeine, and am completely off of tylenol, zrytek, and most of my HRT and experiencing fewer hotflashes. Likely three solid meals a day and less snacking will help with the energy level and bloat.

Archived