BCAA's or Recovery after workouts

Hi!

I am going to be starting crossfit. No doubt I'm a bit nervous. I do Kettlebells and have done all types of weights throughout the last 4 years. I used to take BCAA's in powder form after and during a workout. It helped w/soreness in my muscles and w/recovery. Is there anything that I can take that is Whole 30 and paleo approved? The ones I have I believe have sucralose which obviously is a no go. Any feedback would be awesome. :)

good ole protein is where you get all those BCAA's from. There is no reason why some animal sourced protein like chicken, salmon, or egg won't do the trick.

As a crossfit coach, I always advise my members to stick to animal source protein and starchy carbs post workout.

I'm having a hard time with a portable starch and protein. I'm 30 min from my crossfit and don't have a fridge to store stuff. Any suggestions?

I use a can of salmon from trader joe's (i think it is delicious right out of the can-- I get the kind with salt added since it's post workout) and a jar of baby food sweet potato. If I have a cooler with me, or it's in the morning, I'll just bring some sweet potato from the house. I eat mine in the car since I am still at a globo gym and people would give me odd looks if I eat baby food and salmon in the locker room :)

Archived