Dairy reintro skin reaction/eczema

kdew24

Just wondering how quickly folks generally see a reaction when reintroducing dairy. Had some grass-fed cheddar and some parm with dinner last night. Everything else for the day was still Whole30 compliant.  Woke up this morning and two of my eczema patches have returned (they were pretty much MIA after week 2 of Whole30). Can my immune system/skin really react that quickly to the cheese or could it be a coincidence because eczema can be caused by so many things?

I know dairy usually causes stomach and/or sinus issues upon reintro, and I am noticing a little bit of sinus, but was more curious about how quickly my eczema returned. 

(Cheese will probably need to be an extremely limited ingredient in our house now anyway...my husband's GERD was mostly non-existent during Whole30 and we know it is triggered by grains and high carbs.  Came back big time last night after the cheese.)

I personally don't think that it's a coincidence that your eczema came back after dairy. After my first whole30 I discovered that dairy was the culprit behind my eczema as well. Depending on what I have and how much I eat it can take as little as a day or as much as 3 days for my eczema to return- but it always does. Unless you know you have irritated your skin in another way- I would say dairy is most likely your problem. Unfortunately intolerances aren't cut and dry with everyone….sometimes it won't cause any problems other than eczema for me, and other times it gives me a stomach ache. With others it's the opposite. At least you know if you really must have some cheese or other form of dairy you know what's going to happen and prepare for it. 

Archived