Robin G's Whole 30

RGJax2014

Day 18

Breakfast – chicken apple sausage, roasted chicken, red cabbage with apple, coffee with coconut milk/cream & cinnamon

Lunch – 2 salmon patties, carrots, celery, cashews, apple

Dinner - Curry beef over cauliflower, coconut water, a few shreds of fresh coconut, baked sweet potato with ghee

Day 19

Breakfast - 1 salmon patty, 2 eggs fried in ghee, mixed cauliflower, carrots and broccoli, coffee with coconut cream

Lunch - Curry beef, cauliflower, some homemade mayo, red cabbage with apple

Dinner - 2 thin pork chops, fried plantains, wilted kale

Day 20

Took dog for over a mile walk.

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled with an apple, and about 1/3 cup diced sweet onion in coconut oil, 2 cups coffee with coconut milk / cream

Lunch - Shrimp sauteed in ghee and coconut oil with garlic and red pepper flakes, wilted kale, watermelon

Dinner - Ground beef with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, pea pods, sweet potato with coconut milk

Day 21 - Tired!!!!! Not due to diet, so many things getting me up at off hours for work, going to bed late because I need to be sure my daughter's home from work, the puppy getting up early, the cat banging around at all hours.   :(  I'm just starting numbly at the computer right now rather than doing all the things I ought to be doing this morning.  

Breakfast (late, but utterly worth it) - NomNomPaleo's Prosciutto-Wrapped Mini Frittata muffins (2), slightly adjusted for what I had in the house, 1 orange, 2 extremely substandard cups of store bought ground and roasted coffee, followed by 1 excellent cup of home roasted Kenya AA.

Cooking - Now I'm working on the slow cooker roast chicken, and after that the Bora Bora Fireballs (or whatever they're called)  :-)  

Lot's of challenges with cooking this afternoon, primarily that we had a power outage.   :o   

Lunch - Handful of cashews and 4 Bora Bora fireballs partially cooked in the oven and partially on the grill.

Dinner - Hamburger, squash, green beans, 1 BB fireball

Day 22

Breakfast - 2 mini frittatas, coffee with coconut milk/cream, a banana

Lunch - Ground beef, some homemade mayo, sugar snap peas, handful of mini tomatoes

Snack - raw cashews (much prefer them roasted and salted)

Dinner - Chicken with gravy (that was cooked with much travail yesterday), kabocha squash, bone broth

Day 23

Breakfast - 2 mini frittatas, coffee with coconut cream, a navel orange

Lunch - diced chicken and some leftover ground beef in NomNomPaleo's chicken gravy (or meat and more meat as I like to call it :)  ), carrots, celery, young coconut

Snack - Paleo pack (hungry!)

Dinner - Bora Bora Fire balls, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted green beans

Day 24

Breakfast - 2 eggs fried in ghee, leftover mashed sweet potatoes, coffee with coconut cream

Lunch - Leftover pork chops cut in cubes, raw carrots, celery and cherry tomatoes, navel orange, and roasted salted cashews

Dinner - Borabora fire balls and mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower and broccoli)

Day 25 - Up since 1:30 AM with system maintenance.  Had to keep in mind all day that I was extra tired and not to compensate too much.

Coffee with coconut cream, more coffee

Breakfast – 2 fried eggs, plantains, coffee with coconut cream

Lunch – Chicken in “gravyâ€, carrots, apple, roasted cashews, fresh coconut water

Snack – Epic Beef Habanero Cherry bar

Coffee

Dinner - Canned tuna fish (Wild Planet), kale quick cooked in chicken broth, and the sweetest navel orange on the planet

Decaf coffee with coconut cream and cinnamon

Day 26 - Went to bed early last night and slept well except when I vaulted out of bed at 4:00 AM to stretch out a spontaneous calf cramp.  Ouch!

Breakfast - 4 scrambled eggs in ghee, mashed sweet potato and apples with coconut milk

Lunch - Cashews, chicken and gravy, mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower), hot tea

Dinner - Curry beef, roasted cauliflower

Day 27 - Sluggish

Breakfast - 3 fried eggs, mashed sweet potato / apple mix, 4 strawberries and young coconut

Lunch (late after puppy class) - Rxbar - coconut cacoa - very sweet.  I became a bit anxious that it might trigger my sugar dragon tendencies

Dinner - Curry beef over tomato chunks, roasted cauliflower, apple

Day 27 - Feeling off (congested, slight headache).  I think some of it's allergies.  The pollen count is really high in Florida.  Woke up early and very hungry

Pre-breakfast - Tumeric / Ginger tea, chicken broth

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled with some cut up tomatoes, green pepper, leftover curry beef, large sweet potato with coconut milk, coffee with coconut milk

I'm beginning to wonder if Whole30 is just an evil plot to drive up the price of coconuts and sweet potatoes.  Kidding aside, I was really aggravated that the Rxbar triggered such an "Eat more!!!" response yesterday, and possibly into today.  I'm really not sure it falls into the "Foods with brakes" category.  That said, I really don't think I ate enough / properly yesterday.

Lunch (late - crazy weekend) - Carnitas, plantains, and kale (yum!)

Dinner-ish - Pineapple and cashews

Day 29 - Still suffering from Florida in the springtime allergy symptoms

Breakfast - 3 hard boiled eggs, sweet potato with coconut butter

Lunch - Carnitas, baby carrots, cashews

Dinner - Slow cooker chicken with gravy done in pressure cooker (lack of planning on my part DOES constitute an emergency  :) ), broccoli

Day 30  :D

Breakfast - 3 hard boiled eggs, sweet potato with coconut butter, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - Chicken in gravy, baby carrots, navel orange, cashews

Dinner - 1 chicken apple sausage, 1/2 grilled plantain, 1 1/2 grilled pineapple spears, broccoli

And done!  I lost about 9 pounds and put my sugar cravings and snacking into remission.  Good outcome for me.  And I was sadly thinking, no more emails from Whole30, and I got one for day 31.  Yay!  

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with prosciutto, sweet potato with coconut butter

Lunch - 6 oz steak with broccoli and unsweetened iced tea

Dinner - Turkey, green beans, sweet potato at Bonos BBQ

Archived