First Whole 30, input needed

AmberA

I am beginning my first whole 30 today. I am currently breastfeeding my 9 month old daughter. I would like to know if what I am planning to eat today seems Ok. I'm conciously trying to add in starchy vegetable/a bit of fruit to hopefully prevent any supply drop, is this necessary?

Breakfast: almost 3 eggs

3/4 avocado

1/4 cup of mixed berries w/ shredded coconut

My intention was to eat the whole avocado and  about 1/2 cup of the fruit but I was full.

I haven't eaten these meals yet, just what I have planned

Lunch: 1.5 Palm sized piece of chicken breast

1 cup of broccoli

1 cup of butternut squash

5 oz coconut milk

Dinner: 1.5 palm sizes of chicken

2 zuchinni

1/2 cup onion

1 garlic clove

1 cup baby carrots

this will all be cooked in olive oil

I have a snack of pistachios reserved in case I get hungry between lunch and dinner.

Anything I should add, perhaps take away?

Welcome!

Do you have a copy of the meal template? Whole30 recommends that every meal follow this template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and the appropriate amount of compliant fat.

Lunch and dinner look good. Breakfast was missing veggies - don't let fruit push vegetables off your plate.

Snacks, if needed, should be a mini-meal containing a protein and fat. Nuts are considered a fat source on a Whole30. 

As someone who is breastfeeding, you have license to eat 4 meals a day, if that ends up working better for you.

Thank you, I have the template, honestly I am just overwhelmed with so much planning that I forgot to add vegetables for breakfast. I typically make no plans for what I will eat, and just sort of find something when I get hungry. I will work harder on this tomorrow. I appreciate the input.

Last night felt really yucky, naseous and bad headache and could not sleep. Today so far do not want to eat, forced breakfast down.

Day 2

Meal 1 sweet potato w/ cinamon and coconut oil

3 eggs

meal 2

zucchini,carrots, onions, and garlic w/ chicken  cooked in olive oil

green apple

meal 3

ground beef w/ tomato paste onions and almond meal

green beans w/ onions

mashed sweet potatos w/ coconut milk

I have 5 ounces of coconut milk with me, I will sip on this throughout the day.

Archived